Helping Businesses Succeed
The IBF will help regional businesses succeed by providing high quality, professional services utilizing the skills of our faculty and a network of experienced business professionals.
Institute for Banking and Finance
The IBF provides education, consultation, and professional training services in the areas of banking and finance, creating experiential learning opportunities that increase students' competencies and provide strong career placement opportunities. The IBF capitalizes on access to knowledgeable faculty and a network of experienced professionals. Our goal is to see our students grow and local businesses thrive.
The IBF is full of innovative experiential opportunities to apply your financial knowledge.
- Microfinance with Old National Bank: Access to Capital and Expertise for Emerging Entrepreneurs (ACE3) is a program sponsored, funded, and co-managed by Old National Bank. Manage a $100,000 portfolio, which offers microloans to women and minority owned businesses. Students interface with clients, review business plans, and serve as underwriters for loans.
- Financial Literacy with St. Mary’s Hospital: Train expecting parents on the impact their new baby will have on their financial lives. Launched in 2014, our students have already trained over 100 parents.
- Farm Leading Fellowship with Farm Credit Mid-America (FCMA): Students apply for a $500 Fellowship and meet CEO Bill Johnson (FCMA) and his C-level executive team in Louisville, Kentucky. Participate in financial leadership development and learn about the Farm Lending industry.
- Financial Research with Hilliard Lyons: Conduct consumer research for Hilliard Lyons and work alongside our excellent faculty (Yasser Alhenawi, PhD, and Atefeh Yazdanparast, PhD).
- Investments with Donaldson Capital Management (DCM): The program gives students the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the area of investments and wealth management. You are assigned five clients that have invested $100,000 into a fund that you manage. Meet your clients, understand their goals, make your investment decisions, defend your positions in the market, and discuss your fund's performance with your clients.
- Derivatives for Lending Institutions: The Institute for Banking and Finance and the Risk Management Association River Valley Chapter have teamed up to offer CRC-approved continuing education courses here in Evansville! — CRC Derivative Course Syllabus.
"Old National is proud to work in partnership with the University of Evansville Schroeder School of Business on what we consider to be a potential model program for communities across the nation. The ACE3 initiative will help provide support and counsel to local emerging entrepreneurs along with learning opportunities for students through engagement with local business professionals and exposure to business practices and challenges." - Old National President and CEO Bob Jones.
To seek additional information about the IBF, please contact Yasser Alhenawi at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 812-488-2863. To apply for the ACE3 microfinancing program, please contact Sherry Hawkins at email@example.com or 812-488-2851.