Bachelor of Science in Global Leadership
The University of Evansville’s Bachelor of Science in Global Leadership (GL) program is designed for students who, for whatever, reason, never had the opportunity to attend college.
With a curriculum emphasizing liberal studies, the GL program challenges mid-career adult learners looking to advance in today’s ever-changing global market. By increasing understanding and competency in a wide variety of areas, the GL program pushes students to achieve their full potential as wise decision-makers, so as graduates they are prepared to make significant contributions to society.
Financial aid is available for the GL program.
The GL program offers three years of in-depth classroom exploration of a variety of general or liberal studies areas. The curriculum is based on three broad areas of study, each one academic year in length:
- Year 1: How the individual grows and develops in a global society (religion, leadership, and cultural exploration)
- Year 2: How the individual relates to others and to society (psychology, world leaders, technology, and environmental science)
- Year 3: How different cultures express thoughts and feelings (music, art, drama, and literature)
There are also two required field experiences designed to enrich the learning environment.
Three GL courses are taken each semester for six semesters. Each GL course lasts five weeks. Classes are held in the summer of the 1st and 2nd year as well.
- GL 400 Professional Writing and Speaking - 6 Credit Hours
- GL 410 Research Design in Behavioral Research - 3 Credit Hours
- GL 411 World Religions - 6 Credit Hours
- GL 412 Religious Perspectives - 6 Credit Hours
- GL 413 World Historical Eras and Leaders I - 6 Credit Hours
- GL 414 World Historical Eras and Leaders II - 6 Credit Hours
- GL 415 Psychology - 6 Credit Hours
- GL 416 Human Motivations and Influence - 6 Credit Hours
- GL 420 Practicum in Research Methods - 3 Credit Hours
- GL 421 Geography and Cultural Awareness - 6 Credit Hours
- GL 422 Cultural Protocol - 6 Credit Hours
- GL 423 Organizational Behavior - 6 Credit Hours
- GL 424 Corporate Strategic and Financial Planning - 3 Credit Hours
- GL 425 Environmental Science Concepts - 6 Credit Hours
- GL 426 Environmental Science Applications - 6 Credit Hours
- GL 427 Communication Skills for Leaders - 3 Credit Hours
- GL 430 Technologies for Leaders - 3 Credit Hours
- GL 431 Art in Society - 6 Credit Hours
- GL 432 World Music Styles - 6 Credit Hours
- GL 433 American Traditions - 6 Credit Hours
- GL 434 Literary Leaders - 6 Credit Hours
- GL 435 World Literature - 6 Credit Hours
- GL 436 Turning Points in Literature - 6 Credit Hours