Career Travel Fund
General Directions and Information
Through the generosity of the Lilly Endowment, the University of Evansville Center for Career Development is facilitating a Career Travel Fund for students interviewing for post-graduate outcomes and experiential education in Indiana.
The Center for Career Development offers reimbursement to University of Evansville students traveling throughout the state of Indiana to participate in professional career events, employment and graduate school interviews, and career-related programming. Students are eligible for reimbursement totaling up to $200.00 throughout their college career. Funding will only be available on a reimbursement basis and will be tracked by the Center for Career Development. Funds may be used for lodging (up to $100) and mileage (up to $100 at 40¢ per mile) expenses. To be eligible for funding, students must be in good academic standing and complete the following requirements:
- Apply to reserve funding approximately two weeks prior to intended travel dates.
Complete and submit the following documents:
- A position description or equivalent of the event/interview/program
- All event/company/program contact information and location of event/interview
- Center for Career Development Travel Request Form*
- If participating in a University-sponsored event a Field Trip And Domestic Travel form* must be completed.
- Have an active résumé or CV submitted for use in UE JobLink; if a résumé is not on file in UE JobLink, students are required to schedule a résumé appointment. Upon completion of the appointment process, students will post their résumé into UE JobLink. Please note: A résumé must be on file in UE JobLink before a request can be distributed. Funding will be forfeited if a résumé is not approved in UE JobLink on or before the event/interview.
Fund Request Processing
Once submitted, the Center for Career Development will evaluate all completed applications. The Center for Career Development reserves the right to require further information to adequately evaluate requests. There are limited funds available and applicants will be served on a first come, first served basis.
Please direct all questions to the Center for Career Development: 812-488-1083; email@example.com.