Certifications and Rankings
The University of Evansville is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400
Chicago, Illinois, 60602-2504
In addition, specific programs offered by the University of Evansville are accredited by their appropriate specialized professional organizations. Accreditation by professional organizations informs the public that the specific program has met standards of quality established by that profession.
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET
- Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET
- National Association of Schools of Music Commission on Accreditation
- Indiana Department of Education*
- National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission
- Indiana State Board of Nursing
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
*By virtue of specialized program accreditation in engineering, nursing, education, physical therapy, and athletic training programs at the University of Evansville, students meet the minimum standards to sit for professional licensure examinations in these professional disciplines.
- University Senate of the United Methodist Church
- American Chemical Society
- American Music Therapy Association
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- American College of Sports Medicine
State of Indiana
The University of Evansville is authorized by name in statute as an approved institution of higher education in the state of Indiana. In full compliance with federal rules, please contact the Indiana Commission for Higher Education following the steps outlined here for Indiana’s higher education complaint resolution process.
#9 in the “Best Regional Universities: Midwest” category of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges rankings (out of approximately 150 universities in 12 states)
- #4 in “Great Schools at Great Prices” among Midwestern regional universities
- One of 30 schools in the nation selected for best possible education for study abroad
- “A-Plus School for B Students” in the Midwest
- #51 in Washington Monthly’s rankings of master’s-granting universities (out of 671 nationwide) and a Best Bang for the Buck in the Master’s category, placing #101 out of 176 schools.
- Named one of the nation's top 100 best value private colleges by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Named one of 159 “Best in the Midwest” universities by The Princeton Review
- #307 on Forbes’ list of America’s Top Colleges
- #7 among master’s institutions for study abroad participation, as ranked by the Institute of International Education’s Open Doors Report (63.7% of UE undergraduates study abroad)
- Named one of the nation’s most “Military Friendly Schools” by Victory Media/G.I. Jobs
- Named to the President's 2013 Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, recognizing exemplary commitment to service and volunteering
- Named one of the nation's top 120 colleges for veterans by Military Times (UE was one of only 17 private schools included in the rankings of 86 four-year institutions)
Recent Institutional Honors and Awards
- Won the Missouri Valley Conference's All-Academic Award for the second consecutive year in 2013; UE student-athletes hold the highest grade point average (3.283) in the MVC
- Received the 2011 Institutional Arts Award from the Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana, which honors a business or entity that shows exemplary support of the arts in our region
- Won the 2011 city-wide RecycleMania competition, placed first in the state of Indiana, and ranked 29th of 630 participating schools nationwide
- Earned an Excellence Award (top-scoring category) for the fourth consecutive year in the 2013 GreenOvation awards (sponsored by Keep Evansville Beautiful and the Evansville Business Journal) recognizing beautification and conservation
- Recognized for outstanding water conservation in the inaugural year of the City of Evansville’s Sustainable Evansville Awards
For a full list of student and faculty achievements, please visit the Awards & Accomplishments page.