Freshman Student Admission Guidelines
High School Courses
Candidates for admission the University of Evansville are expected to have studied a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, which includes these subjects, at the minimum:
- English, Literature and Composition - four years
- Algebra - two years
- Geometry - one year
- Laboratory Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics) - two years
- Social Sciences (History, Psychology, Sociology) - two years
These courses are recommended, but not required for admission consideration:
- Foreign Language - two years
- Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, or Calculus
We recommend that students take as difficult a schedule as they are able to complete successfully. Our admission and scholarship policies give strong preferences to students who have challenged themselves beyond the minimum courses outlined above.
Students applying for admission to the University of Evansville's Fall 2013 freshman class will be required to submit results from either the ACT Assessment with the ACT Writing Test or the SAT-I (critical reading, math, and writing).
High School Counselor Evaluation Form
The counselor is asked to comment about the applicant with regard to time management, motivation, honesty, and maturity.
Application Essay Policy
All applicants are required to submit an essay of 250-500 words. Review the application essay requirements and essay topics.
The University of Evansville has two application deadlines*. The early action deadline is December 1. If you apply on or before December 1, your admission and scholarship decision will be mailed no later than December 15.
The regular notification deadline is February 1, and decisions on admission and scholarship will be mailed no later than February 15. Once you have been admitted, you must reserve your space in the freshman class by submitting a $300 nonrefundable admission deposit by May 1.
* Students interested in the physical therapy direct entry program must have an SAT-I score of at least 1800 or an ACT score of at least 27, and submit a completed Application for Admission and Scholarship to UE by November 1, 2012. For additional information, please view our information on the physical therapy direct entry program.
Applying for Admission
Instructions for completing the online Application for Admission and Scholarships:
- Complete the online application.
- When your electronic application is received, we will send you a confirmation e-mail.
- Submit SAT or ACT scores, an official high school transcript, an essay, and a high school counselor evaluation form.
Instructions for completing the paper application:
- Call the Office of Admission toll free at 800-423-8633 or 812-488-2468 if you need a hard copy of the application.
- Complete all parts of the application.
- Submit SAT or ACT scores, an official high school transcript, an essay, a high school counselor evaluation form, and your application fee to the University of Evansville.
Questions regarding admission requirements may be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com.