Helping Businesses Succeed
The IBF will help regional businesses succeed by providing high quality, professional services utilizing the skills of our faculty and a network of experienced business professionals.
Institute for Banking and Finance
The IBF strives to become the nexus of knowledge that forms the bridge between UE and the local business community. We provide education, consultation, and professional training services in the areas of banking and finance. The IBF capitalizes on access to knowledgeable faculty and a network of experienced professionals. It is our pledge to serve our community and keep our students involved in everything we do. We believe that IBF will create experiential learning opportunities that increase students' competencies. In short, our ultimate goal is to see our students grow and local businesses thrive.
- Corporate training
- Student-managed financial services programs
- Continuing/Licensing education for professionals
- Certificate programs
- Short informational/educational sessions
- Microfinance Program: Access to Capital and Expertise for Emerging Entrepreneurs (ACE3) is a program sponsored, funded, and co-managed by Old National Bank. It offers microloans and executive mentoring to local women- and minority-owned businesses and prepares students for careers in banking.
- Financial Preparedness for Expecting Families: This program is administered by IBF in collaboration with St. Mary's Women and Children Hospital. It aims at promoting financial literacy among families expecting a new baby. It also offers students the opportunity to learn about personal finance and prepares them to become financial advisors.
- Business Series for Physicians: This program offers CME-accepted sessions to local physicians. It covers basic finance and investment concepts that are relevant to medical doctors.
"Old National is proud to work in partnership with the University of Evansville Schroeder School of Business on what we consider to be a potential model program for communities across the nation. The ACE3 initiative will help provide support and counsel to local emerging entrepreneurs along with learning opportunities for students through engagement with local business professionals and exposure to business practices and challenges." - Old National President and CEO Bob Jones.
To seek additional information about the IBF, please contact Yasser Alhenawi at email@example.com or call 812-488-2863. To apply for the ACE3 microfinancing program, please contact Sherry Hawkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-488-2851.