Walayet A. Khan is a Professor of Finance at the University of Evansville. He received his Ph.D. in 1990 in finance from the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville. Dr. Khan is an active research scholar, and he maintains a consistent record of scholarly work. He has published papers in numerous finance journals, including the Journal of Financial Research and the Financial Review. He has also presented papers in regional, national, and international conferences. He has served as consultant to many national and regional organizations, including the Philadelphia Stock Exchange, the Chicago Stock Exchange, Attain (Electronic Communications Network), and the Signature School in Evansville. Dr. Khan is a recipient of several awards including 1996 outstanding teacher of the year (UE), 2006 UE Global Scholar, and 2008 and 2013 outstanding researcher, Schroeder School of Business.
Peer Reviewed Journals
- Khan, W.A., Abl-AlKheil, Ahmad & Burghof, Hans-Peter (Forthcoming). Comparative Performance of Islamic and Conventional Banks in Europe, American Journal of Finance and Accounting
- Khan, W.A., Vieito, Joao (2013). CEO Gender and Firm Performance, Journal of Economics & Business, Vol 67.
- Khan, W.A., Chaudary, Mukesh & Boldin, Robert (2012). Seven Asian Emerging Markets: Are They Integrated?, Asia pacific journal of Finance & Banking Research, Vol 6.
- Khan, W.A., Abu-Alkheil, Ahmad & Burghof, Hans-Peter (2012). Comparison of Efficiency and Productivity Changes of Islamic and Conventional Banks: Evidence from Europe and Muslim Majority Countries, Journal of Applied Business Research, Vol 28
- Khan, W.A., Abu-Alkheil, Ahmad & Burghof, Hans-Peter (2012). Islamic Commercial Banking in Europe: A Cross-Country and Inter-Bank Analysis of Efficiency Performance, International Business & Economics Research Journal, Vol.11.
- Khan, W.A. & Vieito, Joao (2012). Stock Exchange Mergers and Weak form of Market Efficiency: The Case of Euronext Lisbon. International Review of Economics & Finance, Vol. 22
- Khan, W.A. & Vieito, Joao (2012). Executive Compensation and Gender: S&P 1500 listed Firms, Journal of Economics & Finance, Vol. 36.
- Khan, W.A., Wang, Yung & Hu, Han (2011). Foreign Institutional Ownership and Firm Dividend Payout: The Case of Taiwan, Journal of Emerging Markets, Vol. 16(2/3).
- Khan, W.A., Ho, C.C. & Cheng, S.Y. (2009). Insider Trading around Open Market Share Repurchases: Evidence from the Taiwanese Stock Market. Journal of Emerging Markets, 14(1), pp.
- Khan, W.A. Vieito, J.P., Cerqueira, A.M. & Brandao, E.F. (2009). Executive Compensation: NYSE and NASDAQ Listed Firms. Corporate Ownership & Control, 6 (3), pp. 531-560.
- Khan, W.A., Vieito, J.P., Cerqueira, A.M. & Brandao, E.F. Executive Compensation: The Finance Perspective. Portuguese Journal of Management Studies, 14(1), pp. 5-34.
- Khan, W.A., Vieito, J.P., Cerqueira, A.M. & Brandao, E.F. (2008). Is Executive Compensation Different Across S&P Listed Firms? Quarterly Journal of Finance and Accounting, 47(4), pp. 171-192.
- Khan, W.A., Wang, Y.J. & Yuan, H.Y. (2007). The Spillover Effect of Short-term Interest Rates: Financial Integration among Capital Markets. Journal of Emerging Markets, 12(3), pp. 30-41.
- Khan, W.A., Ariff, M. & Baker, H.K. (2007). Are Share Price Reactions to Rights Offerings Sensitive to Different Economic Conditions? Journal of Asia Business Studies, 1(), pp. 10-19.
- Khan, W.A., Prasad, D., Puri, Y.R. & Baker, H.K. (2007). Capital Structure Convergence and Dominant Country Effect: A Case study of the European Union. Global Business and Finance Review, 12 (1), pp. 1-22.
- Khan, W.A., Prasad, D. & Puri, Y.R. (2006). Firm Level Effects of the IMF Mandated Macroeconomic Reforms in Emerging Markets. The Journal of Current Research in Global Business, 8(13), pp. 75-84.
- Khan, W.A., Baker, H.K., Chaudry, M.K. & Maheshwari, S.K. (2005). The Impact of Insider Trading on Market Liquidity in NASDAQ. The Journal of Applied Business Research, 21(4), pp. 11-22.