Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering
Ph.D, University of Cincinnati, Civil Engineering
Koch Center Room 244
Dr. Allen is an Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering at the University of Evansville. He is a registered professional engineer in the state of Indiana and Ohio. Dr. Allen has been a faculty member of the Engineering Department since 2006.
Spring 2013 Courses:
- ENGR 212: Statics
- CE 341: Design Steel Structures
- ENGR 409: Engineering Economy - Decision Making
- Ph.D in Structural Engineering, University of Cincinnati, 2006.
- MS in Structural Engineering, University of Oklahoma, 1997.
- BS in Civil Engineering, University of Missouri-Rolla, 1994.
- Graduate Research Assistant in numerical analysis of structural dynamics, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Project Engineer, Martin Marietta Aggregates, Xenia, Ohio.
- Bridge Design Engineer, R.D. Zande, Inc., Columbus, Ohio.
- Project Engineer, Vulcan Materials Company, Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
- Precast Concrete Design Engineer, CoreSLAB (OK), Inc., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Graduate Research Assistant in high strength prestressed concrete, University of Oklahoma, Norman Oklahoma
- Steel Design Engineer, CANAM Steel Corporation, Washington, Missouri.
- Assistant State Inspector (summer-intern), Arkansas Highway Department, Yellville, Arkansas.
- Structural Engineering
- Numerical Analysis and Error Control
- Steel Design
- Prestressed Concrete
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Institute of Steel Construction
- American Society for Engineering Education
- American Concrete Institute