The Ethics Program
The ethics minor requires 18 hours of course work, including 6 hours of required course work, 9 hours of additional courses, and an ethics integration project. A highlight of this minor is the senior project, in which students can choose to do a traditional research thesis or a service-learning project.
Required Course work (6 hours)
- PHIL 121 Introduction to Ethics
- REL 201 Christian Ethics
Additional Courses (9 hours - complete 3 of the following courses from at least two disciplines)
- PHIL 241 Science, Technology and Society
- PHIL 316 Environmental Ethics
- PHIL 317 Bioethics
- PHIL 446 Philosophy of Law
- REL 350 God, Suffering and Evil
- REL 445 Religion, Peace and Justice
- COMM 485 Media Law and Ethics
- HSA 406 Jurisprudence and Ethics in Health Care
ETH 401 Ethics Integration Project (3 hours)
Required of all ethics minors, the Ethics Integration Project provides opportunity for the integration of the academic study of ethics with a specific ethical problem, usually connected to one's major field of study or to service-learning project.