UE MENC Collegiate Chapter
The University of Evansville Collegiate Chapter of Music Educators National Conference, now known as the National Association for Music Education (NAfME) is open to any full-time or part-time music education student.
The purpose of MENC Collegiate membership is to afford students an opportunity for professional orientation and development while still in school, and to enable students to gain an understanding of
- The basic truths and principles that underline the role of music in human life
- The philosophy and function of the music education profession
- The professional interests of members involved in the local, state, division, and national levels
- The music industry's role in support of music education
- The knowledge and practices of the professional music educator as facilitated through chapter activity
Students gain professional insights, make connections with other music educators, and are offered professional development opportunities. Recent activities have included service at the UE-hosted Indiana State School Music Association (ISSMA) 2012 District Solo and Ensemble competitions, attendance at the 2012 Indiana Music Educators Association State Conference, and assisting with university events such as the Wesley Shepard Honor Band and Summer Music Camp.
- President: Meghan Becker
- Vice-President: Candice Murray
- Treasurer: Caleb Long
- Secretary: Hannah Owen
- Faculty Advisor: Dr. Timothy Groulx