UE NAfME Collegiate Chapter
The University of Evansville Collegiate Chapter of the National Association for Music Education (NAfME) is open to any full-time or part-time music education student.
The purpose of NAfME Collegiate membership is to afford students an opportunity for professional orientation and development while still in school, and to enable students to gain an understanding of
- The basic truths and principles that underline the role of music in human life
- The philosophy and function of the music education profession
- The professional interests of members involved in the local, state, division, and national levels
- The music industry's role in support of music education
- The knowledge and practices of the professional music educator as facilitated through chapter activity
Students gain professional insights, make connections with other music educators, and are offered professional development opportunities. Recent activities have included service at the UE-hosted Indiana State School Music Association (ISSMA) 2013 District Solo and Ensemble competitions, attendance at the 2013 Midwest Band and Orchestra Clinic in Chicago, and assisting with the UE Wesley Shepard Summer Music Camp.
- President: Kelli Greenley
- Vice-President: David Wantland
- Treasurer: Hannah Owen
- Secretary: Kirby Dawson
- Fundraising: Miranda Matejka
- Faculty Advisor: Dr. Timothy Groulx