Friends of UE Music
The Friends of UE Music (FUEM) was established to provide financial support for special music department projects and to aid in creating a close bond among the Department of Music, its students and alumni, parents, and the department's many supporters. Since its inception in 1981 FUEM has contributed significantly to the work of the department.
- Purchased state-of-the-art sound equipment, computers, and equipment for the band and choral libraries
- Purchased new instruments including a Steinway concert grand piano
- Brought distinguished artists to campus to perform and teach master classes
- Funded commissions for compositions by living composers
- Funded ensemble tours to Hawaii, Russia, France, Italy, and New York's Carnegie Hall
- Supplemented annual Gumberts Awards for outstanding senior student performance
- Supported faculty professional recording and development
In the spring of 2006, the Board of Directors of FUEM voted to expand its support of the department. With assistance from the University, an FUEM endowment fund was established to provide financial assistance for music students. Interest from the endowment is used annually to award assistantships that supplement any financial aid the students have already received. The goal of the FUEM board is to increase the size of the endowment through contributions and fund raising events so each year a greater number of music students can be assisted. Fillable FUEM Assistantship Form
Who are the Friends of UE Music?
They are people like you! For as little as $20 or $30 you can become a member of this wonderful organization's support of the department. Fill out a membership card or the form on the back of our recital programs and return it along with your tax-deductable donation to the Department of Music. Printable Membership Form