Majors and Minors
Through a challenging curriculum, the UE Religion program prepares students for careers ranging from the seminary to pre-law and pre-medicine.
Because our students come to UE from diverse backgrounds, the Department of Religion offers two emphases for our Bachelor of Arts in Religion:
- Biblical Studies
- Theological Studies
As a student, you will have the opportunity to select one of these emphases based on your particular interests within the field of religion. Both areas will help prepare you for a wide variety of religion-themed careers. A degree from UE’s Department of Religion offers a well-rounded curriculum for those who find religious questions and issues compelling.
Our programs also offer all the tools you will need to succeed in:
- A seminary career
- Graduate study of religion
- Pre-law or pre-medicine
- Work in non-profit areas or other aspects of ministry
Courses are grouped in three broad areas of study:
- Biblical studies, focused on critical historical and theological engagement with Old and New Testament Scripture.
- Theological and ethical studies, focused on the study of doctrines, beliefs, and ethical implications of religious ideas and practices.
- Historical and cultural studies, focused on ways that religious traditions have developed and how they engage the contexts in which they are formed and continue to live.
A minor in religion is also available for those who wish to do basic study in religion in conjunction with a major in another field.