SOAR Arrival and Schedule
Registration and check-in for each SOAR session begins Thursday at 2:00 p.m. and continues until 11:00 p.m. for those arriving early.
Thursday 2:00 - 11:00 p.m. CST
- Check-in for SOAR, 2:00 - 11:00 p.m. CST in Ridgway University Center. There are no scheduled SOAR activities for Thursday. Thursday registration and check-in is available as a convenience to those traveling long distances.
- Students needing to take the writing assessment will report to Hyde Hall to begin testing at 2:00 p.m. CST. To reach Academic Advising to determine your testing needs, please call 812-488-2605.
- Music majors needing to take the music assessment will receive information from the music department regarding testing offered on Thursday evening. The music department office number is 812-488-2742.
- Dining services are not offered on campus this day. Please plan accordingly. There are several restaurants within walking distance of campus.
Friday 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. CST
- Check-in for SOAR will be offered from 7:00-7:50 a.m. CST in Ridgway University Center. At check-in, students and parents who registered for SOAR will receive a folder of information including a campus map, a detailed SOAR schedule, and flyers from various campus offices. The opening SOAR program for parents and students will begin at 8:00 a.m., and sessions will run throughout the day with the last session ending at 8:45 p.m. An optional ice cream social and student dance follow the evening sessions.
- For SOAR I and SOAR II, parents who stayed on campus Thursday night will have a meal ticket for breakfast this morning from 7:00-7:45 a.m. Other guests are welcome to purchase a meal ticket for $8 at the information desk. During SOAR III, parents/guests of students are welcome to purchase a meal ticket for $8 at the information desk.
- Lunch tickets are provided in the check-in folder for students and registered parents. Dinner is on your own and meals are not being served on campus. There are several restaurants within walking distance of campus.
Saturday 7:30 a.m. - Noon CST
- Breakfast for students and registered parents will be offered from 7:15 - 8:20 a.m. in Ridgway University Center Café Court. Other guests may purchase a meal ticket for $8 at the information desk in Ridgway University Center.
- The opening session on Saturday for both parents and students will begin at 8: 30 a.m. Students will finalize their class registrations while parents attend a number of parent-oriented sessions. SOAR will conclude by noon. Lunch is not served on this day.
Please review the Welcome Week information on this website. Welcome Week is a required program for incoming freshmen that begins on the Saturday before classes begin, the same Saturday that SOAR III concludes.