SOAR Arrival and Schedule
Registration/check-in for each SOAR session begins Thursday at 2:00 p.m. and continues until 11:00 p.m. for those arriving early.
Registration/Check-in is also available Friday morning from 7:00 - 7:45 a.m.
The SOAR program begins promptly at 8:00 a.m. on Friday.
A quick overview of the schedule will be posted here at a later date.
Thursday 2:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Registration/check-in for SOAR, 2:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. in the Ridgway University Center. There are no scheduled SOAR activities for Thursday. Thursday registration/check-in is available as a convenience to those traveling long distances.
Friday 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Breakfast for all students and parents who stay in University housing (SOAR 1 & 2 only)
- Registration/check-in continues, 7:00 a.m. - 7:45 a.m. in the Ridgway University Center Lobby
- Welcome presentation
- Student assessments begin
- Parent information sessions: Security, Health Services, Residence life and more
- Special interest sessions on Harlaxton College, activities, religious life and more
- Parents meet with academic staff
- Students begin the advising process
- "Letting Go" presentation for parents
- "Straight Talk" panels for students & parents
- "Ice Cream Social" reception
- Student dance
Saturday 7:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Breakfast in the Cafe Court located in the Ridgway University Center
- "Now for College" presentation
- Evaluation of testing results
- Student academic advising continues
- Student class registration
- Parent orientation continues
- "Parenthood UE Style" by current UE parents