Cable Repair and Setup
For problems with getting a signal on your mini box please call Insight at 812-422-1167.
Follow these steps:
- Call the number. You will be greeted by a recording.
- After the initial greeting - just choose to stay on the line.
- Press 1 for yes - you are an Insight Customer or have an installation appointment.
- Press 1 for yes - the following number is associated with your account 1-812-488-2000.
- Ignore the request to enter the last 4 digits of the primary account holder. Stay on the line.
After listening to this message 3 times without responding you will get a customer service representative on the line to assist you.
The Office of Administrative Services can assist with questions regarding Cable TV.
Contact Cathy Wellmeier at cw220 / 488-2941 for assistance.
Digital Cable Set-Up
Carefully follow the simple “TV Check” steps below to see if your TV will accept digital programming:
1. Determine if your TV has a built-in digital tuner.
- Most newer flat panel televisions have QAM digital tuners.
- Check the remote control that came with your TV.
- If it has a dot or dash button located on the number-pad then your TV probably has a QAM digital tuner.
2 . Tune to Insight programming.
- If your TV is not connected directly to your cable outlet, make sure that any other devices are turned off.
- Using the remote that came with your TV, select the correct Input for this connection.
- For example, if your cable outlet is connected to the input marked Video 1 you will need to select Video 1 from your input options to watch cable.
- Tune to channel 4-1 or 4.1 on your flat panel television. Enter 4, then the decimal or dash key.
- If you are able to pick up channel 4-1 or 4.1 you are ready for a channel scan. If you are not able to pick up channel 4-1 or 4.1 you should perform a channel scan on your flat panel television and try channel 4-1 or 4.1 again.
3. Perform a channel scan.
- Television manufacturers use different set up menus. Your television manufacturer may call this a Channel Search or Channel Set Up.
- Use your television's remote control to navigate to the Menu on your television.
- Through your Set Up menu, locate the Channel Scan, Auto Program, Auto Tune or Scan Option.
- If you have an option for your Input Type choose Cable or Digital and then choose Autoscan the channels.
- Once Autoscan is completed all channels should be fully restored and your TV will automatically tune to a channel.
4. Enjoy your new line up.
- Get to know your complete Insight Channel line-up by tuning to channel 20-14 or 20.14.
- Most Insight Digital channels will be located on sub channels like 4-1 or 4.1. To find out what channel is what on your TV, you can always tune to channel 20-14 or 20.14. You will see what number to use for every channel. Check channel 20-14 or 20.14 often. If there has been a change to the line-up, you will find it there, along with a message telling you to run a channel scan so your TV gets the changes.
Note: Some TVs will auto assign channel numbers differently. Your TV may assign channels to the lowest unused number. For example channel 4.3 may be assigned to channel 4.1 on your TV.