Green Living - Local and Other Resources
Local Green Resources
- Evansville Department of Solid Waste Management - Learn about local recycling programs and events for the city of Evansville
- Indiana Environmental Organizations - A listing of Indiana Organizations
- League of Women Voters of Southwestern Indiana - Programs on the Environment A listing of current programs on the environment sponsored by the League of Women Voters.
- Valley Watch - A local "watchdog organization" focused on the Public Health and Environment of the lower Ohio Valley.
- Association of Indiana Solid Waste Management Districts
- Glass Packing Institute
- eScrap Indiana - Electronics Recycling
- Indiana Department of Environmental Management
- Indiana Recycling Coalition
- Indiana Solid Waste Districts
- Keep Evansville Beautiful
- Keep America Beautiful
Other Green Resources
- Alliance to Save Energy: The Alliance to Save Energy promotes energy efficiency worldwide to achieve a healthier economy, a cleaner environment, and greater energy security.
- Be Green - Calculate your carbon usage and offset your carbon footprint.
- Campus Ecology: National Wildlife Federation - National Wildlife Federation's Campus Ecology program helps colleges and universities confront global warming through climate and wildlife-friendly practices that reduce their global footprint. Campus Ecology supports campus members by providing consultation, educational resources, recognizing extraordinary efforts through an awards program and fellowships, and by cultivating long-term leaders on campus and in the community.
- Center for the New American Dream - Dedicated to helping individuals and institutions reduce and shift consumption to enhance quality of life and protect the environment.
- Earth Charter Initiative - The Earth Charter is a widely recognized, global consensus statement on ethics and values for a sustainable future. It has been formally endorsed by over 2,400 organizations, including global institutions such as UNESCO and the World Conservation Union (IUCN).
- Earth Day Indiana - Earth Day Indiana is a small nonprofit organization dedicated to environmental education and awareness. The Earth Day Indiana Festival combines 100 environmental and conservation exhibits with live music from some of Indiana's best new bands, special activities for kids and good food.
- Environmental Protection Agency - The mission of the Environmental Protection Agency is to protect human health and the environment. Since 1970, EPA has been working for a cleaner, healthier environment for the American people.
- Focus the Nation - Focus the Nation is a national educational initiative on global warming solutions for America that will culminate January 31st, 2008 in symposia held simultaneously at over a thousand colleges, universities, high schools and other institutions.
- Global Green USA, Affiliate of Green Cross International - Global Green USA is a national environmental organization addressing three of the greatest challenges facing humanity: climate change, weapons of mass destruction, and drinking water.
- Green Building Council - The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) is a non-profit composed of leaders from every sector of the building industry working to promote buildings that are environmentally responsible, profitable and healthy places to live and work.
- International Ecotourism Society - TIES is a global network of industry practitioners, institutions and individuals helping to integrate environmental and socially responsible principles into practice
- TreeHugger.com - How to go green and the resources to do it with. TreeHugger.com is a one-stop shop for green news, solutions, and product information.
- The Water Page - This resource is a fun page for kids but also provides some simple everyday ways to conserve water. Check it out!