Students remaining on campus during Thanksgiving break are reminded to keep doors locked and carry their keys, as the external entrances to all residence halls will be locked between Tuesday November 25, 2014 at 6pm and Sunday November 30, 2014 at noon.
If you need assistance during the break, please contact the Office of Residence Life at 812-488-2956 during business hours, or the Office of Safety and Security at 812-488-2051 after hours and when the office is closed. The Office of Residence Life will be closed from noon on Wednesday November 26, 2014 through Sunday November 30,2014.
The last meal before break is Tuesday November 25, 2014 for dinner in Café Court. All other locations will close at 2:00 p.m. The first meal after Thanksgiving Break is Sunday November 30, 2014 for dinner in Café Court.
Safety Tips During Thanksgiving Break
- Take home valuables to guard against unforeseen damage or theft
- Report security issues (such as doors or windows that don’t lock) to the Physical Plant well before break, so they can be fixed prior to your departure.
- We recommend that Village residents purchase lamp timers to guard against unforeseen damage or theft
- Insure any property brought to school through homeowners insurance or independent personal property insurance. Two companies that specialize in student personal property insurance are:
- National Student Services, Inc.
- CSI Insurance Agency
- Progressive Insurance also has supplied us with renters insurance information