Master of Science in Public Service Administration
Your college degree opened a lot of doors. Now you want to take your career higher, expand your horizons, open new opportunities, and deepen your knowledge.
A Master of Science in Public Service Administration could be the best choice for you. This degree program is designed for anyone in a field where service to the public is a core value. The PSA program offers an in depth study of the tools needed for successful leaders in today's service-oriented work environment: leadership, marketing, management, communication, and professional skills that can help you become a more effective and productive leader in your chosen field. Best of all, you can earn this graduate degree in four semesters, attending class one night each week with no summer classes. Financial Aid is available.
Applicants must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and at least three years of work experience. The following documents are required for admission:
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended
- Completed application
- Brief resume that reflects a minimum of three years work experience
- GRE or Miller Analogies Test scores or undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above
- Two letters of reference
- PSA 505 - Public Service Leadership (3 credit hours)
- PSA 506 - Ethics and Jurisprudence (3 credit hours)
- PSA 508 - Social Justice and Diversity (3 credit hours)
Market Factors Block
- PSA 516 Information Systems (3 credit hours)
- PSA 520 Public Service Marketing (3 credit hours)
- PSA 528 Public Service Finance (3 credit hours)
- PSA 512 Organizational Behavior (3 credit hours)
- PSA 514 Management Theory and Human Resources (3 credit hours)
- PSA 590 Decision Making (3 credit hours)
Professional Skills Block
- PSA 507 Applied Research and Program Evaluation (3 credit hours)
- PSA 543 Grant Writing (3 credit hours)
- PSA 567 Measurement and Statistics (3 credit hours)
Harlaxton Study Abroad
Harlaxton College is located in the British midlands. PSA students are invited to join the UE Harlaxton Alumni trip, which is offered every other summer, for a week long visit to Harlaxton. Current PSA students may join this group while in the PSA program or following graduation, depending on their personal time schedule and preference. Students will visit several historic communities and explore the British culture.
Accommodations for this international experience include dormitory style rooms at Harlaxton Manor with a number of group travel opportunities pre-planned. Harlaxton Manor is a residence hall with dormitory style accommodations cleverly concealed within the manor house, a 101 room Victorian dwelling. PSA students use the same rooms traditional students occupy during the regular academic terms.
The schedule of costs is announced in late fall (alternating years) for both the PSA students and their guests. The schedule of costs includes room and board while at Harlaxton, and scheduled tours. Additional expenses include airfare, personal sightseeing and personal expenses.
Alumni relations handles this opportunity with a deposit required in January and remaining costs typically required by the end of March. Specific dates, times, and costs are announced in late fall.