Balsa Wood Contest 2017
Evansville Museum of Arts, History, and Science
441 SE Riverside Drive
Evansville, IN 47713
The bridges are displayed and loaded to failure. The bridges will be scored and ranked by their efficiency (load to weight ratio). Awards will be given in each division:
- Division I: Grades K-5
- Division II: Grades 6 - 8
- Division III: Grades 9 - 12
In addition, a scholarship will be given to the high school Junior with the highest ranking bridge.
Rules and Material Pick-up
The registration fee of $15 for individuals and $25 for a team of two covers the cost of the wood and a t-shirt for each participant. Registration fees are payable on pick-up day.
- Students may participate individually or in teams of two.
- Materials to be used will be provided on pick-up day.
- Rules will also be provided on pick-up day.
- ASCE members will be available to answer questions.
Please complete and bring the waiver form with you to the competition.
For more information about the Balsa Wood Bridge contest, please contact the planning committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.