On-Campus Workshop - Leadership Coaching Bootcamp (non-degree seeking): Four-Session Series
Tuesday, September 20, 2022
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Bower-Suhrheinrich Library, J. Henry Schroeder Boardroom, University of Evansville Campus, 1800 Lincoln Ave, Evansville, IN
Leadership coaching is an effective approach to develop employees through customized development plans, setting expectations, providing regular feedback, and having one on one conversations. The goal of this program is to apply a coaching approach to leadership that will build up the capacity of managers and supervisors to improve the performance of their direct reports.
This series begins on September 20, 2022 and meets again on October 4, October 18, and November 1.
Special speakers to include:
- Sara Miller - EVP/Chief Credit Officer, Old National Bank
- Brad Niemeier - Co-CEO, Azzip Pizza
- Starla West - Founder and President, Starla West International
- Bob Jones - Retired CEO, Old National Bank
- Introduction to leadership theory
- Characteristics of effective leaders
- What is coaching? What is not coaching?
- Introduction to behavioral change
- How leaders can help change behaviors
- Applying effective leadership and behavioral change to coaching
- Framework for leadership coaching
- Application of leadership coaching
- Providing effective feedback
- Tools for leadership coaching
A 10% discount is available to organizations sending six or more participants. Call 812-488-1046 for more details.
Instructor: Dr. Timothy A. (Tad) Dickel serves as the Executive in Residence in Leadership and is the interim faculty director of the Master of Science in Leadership program at the University of Evansville and the president of T.A. Dickel Group, LLC. He is a leadership, strategy, and creativity consultant who works with a wide variety of businesses, universities, nonprofits, government entities, schools, and churches. He holds a PhD in educational leadership from Indiana State University and is a certified Basadur Simplexity Thinking facilitator and trainer and a certified MeyersBriggs Type Indicator (MBTI®) practitioner. In 2019, Tad was named to the Evansville Courier & Press’s “20 Under 40” cohort for his professional accomplishments and service to the community.
* Campus Community Only