Applying for Your Degree
- Apply for your degree the first semester of your senior year. Application for degree can be found on Self Service.
- Formally applying for your degree is a requirement for graduation
- During the semester before your anticipated graduation, your program will be evaluated by the Office of the Registrar (accessible using My Progress on Student Planning). If any deficiencies to your program are found, you will receive an e-mail from the Office of the Registrar.
- Changes to graduation term or degree program must be made through the Office of the Registrar. All other changes (diploma name, diploma mailing address, etc.) can be made by students on their application for degree on Self Service.
- Commencement Central will be held on February 28, 2018 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the upstairs lobby of Ridgway and March 1, 2018 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the upstairs lobby of Ridgway.
- Check your academic program, diploma name, and diploma mailing address
- Order caps and gowns with the UE Bookstore
- Order graduation announcements from the UE Bookstore
- Connect with the Center for Career Development
- Sign up for UE Connect with the Alumni Association
Ordering Caps and Gowns
- All candidates are required to wear regulation cap and gown, which should be purchased from the Bookstore.
- Doctoral and Master’s degree candidates should contact the Bookstore at least a month in advance to ensure a timely arrival for their cap, gown, and hood ensemble.
- Contact the Bookstore at 812-488-2678 to order your University of Evansville graduation announcements.
- Be wary of outside companies who are not connected with the University of Evansville trying to sell announcements.
- Honors cords are awarded to students meeting honors requirements (3.50 minimum GPA) as of the 2017 Winter Intersession term.
- Students who qualify for honors cords will receive email notification the third week of April to pick up their cords in the Registrar’s Office.
- Final University honors for diplomas and transcripts are awarded when grades for all required courses are submitted.
- Line Numbers are assigned and emailed to students during the final week of exams
- This number tells you where to stand in line for the procession
- Line Numbers will also be posted at the student entrance to the floor of The Ford Center for reference that day.