- The Baccalaureate ceremony will begin at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 5, 2018, in Neu Chapel on the University Campus.
- Please see Baccalaureate Service section for more information.
- Students should arrive at The Ford Center no later than 12:45 p.m. on Saturday, May 5, 2018.
- Bags will be checked by Ford Center security. Do not bring any knives, guns, or outside food and beverages.
- Find your correct line based on the number sent by email earlier that week.
- Be sure to check in with your Line Marshal to receive your Name Card and any last minute instructions.
- If you are a gonfalon carrier for the Processional, please show up to your line first.
- You will receive instructions from your Line Marshal regarding where to get in line to cross the stage and receive your diploma cover.
- Please put your cell phones on silent before you enter the arena floor.
- Tassels should be kept on the right side of the caps during the ceremony.
- We ask men to remove their caps for the Invocation and put them back on for the Conferring of Degrees. Woman may wear their caps throughout the ceremony.
- When Dr. Michael Austin says: “Mr. President, I have the pleasure of presenting to you candidates for degrees,” all candidates should stand and remain standing while President Kazee confers the degrees.
- A Marshal will direct the first row of candidates to move forward to the platform and the remaining rows should be seated.
- Each row will be directed to the platform in turn, and a Marshal will gather students’ Name Cards to be read by the Dean.
- When your name is called, move forward, accept your diploma cover with your left hand, and shake hands with President Kazee with your right hand.
- Cross the platform to the other side and return to your seat as directed by a Marshal.
- We ask men to remove their cap for the Benediction, conducted by Reverend Tamara Gieselman at the end of the ceremony.
- After the Benediction, students will follow the Faculty Marshals out of the arena, exiting the same way they entered.
- Students should immediately go to the second story concourse to meet their department faculty for final good-byes. Faculty members are looking forward to this, so please make sure you stop by and see them before you leave.
- Students will be released outside sections 110 and 111 on the concourse level.
- A professional photographer from GradImages will take a photograph of each student as they receive their diploma cover.
- GradImages will send proofs to students in the following weeks for any photograph orders.
- Additional information is available at GradImages or calling 1-800-261-2576.