Applying for Your Degree
- Apply for your degree the semester before you intend to graduate by submitting your application under “Graduation Overview” on Self Service
- Formally applying for your degree is a requirement for graduation
- After you have registered for your final term, the Office of the Registrar will evaluate your program using the degree audit (“My Progress” under Student Planning). If any deficiencies to your program are found, you will receive an email outlining the requirement(s) missing.
- Students may change their diploma name or diploma mailing address any time before Commencement under Self Service. After Commencement, these changes need to be sent to email@example.com. Any changes to a student’s program or anticipated graduation term must be made in the Office of the Registrar.
- Dates and time TBD
- Check your academic program, diploma name, and diploma mailing address
- Order caps and gowns with the UE Bookstore
- Order graduation announcements from the UE Bookstore
- Connect with the Center for Career Development
- Sign up for UE Connect with the Alumni Association
Ordering Caps and Gowns
- All candidates are required to wear regulation cap and gown, which should be purchased from the Bookstore
- Doctoral and Master’s degree candidates should contact the Bookstore at least a month in advance to ensure a timely arrival for their cap, gown, and hood ensemble.
- Contact the Bookstore at 812-488-2678 to order your University of Evansville graduation announcements.
- Be wary of outside companies who are not connected with the University of Evansville trying to sell announcements.
- Honors cords are awarded to baccalaureate degree candidates meeting honors requirements (3.50 minimum GPA) as of the end of the Summer 2018 terms.
- Students who qualify for honors cords will receive email notification the first week of December to pick up their cords in the Registrar’s Office.
- Final University honors for diplomas and transcripts are awarded when grades for all required courses are submitted.
- Line Numbers are assigned and emailed to students during the final week of exams
- This number tells you where to stand in line for the procession
- Line numbers will also be posted in the Small Gym for reference on Commencement day