Last Updated: July 29, 2021
Events, lectures, concerts, sporting events, and performances create unique experiences on and off campus at the University of Evansville. Based on the recommendations of the Coronavirus Healthcare Task Force, University events will be monitored for event size and location capacity.
The University has an expectation that organizations will continue to be mindful of social distancing and other good practices to limit the potential spread of COVID-19.
- At this time, Governor Holcomb has not issued any additional restrictions on gatherings. The Coronavirus Healthcare Task Force will monitor legislation and executive orders if the pandemic situation changes. The Task Force reserves the right to recommend heightened restrictions for the campus as needed.
- As weather allows and space permits, in-person meetings and/or events are encouraged in open areas or rooms that allow for ample ventilation and air flow related to the number of people present.
- For campus spaces with fixed seating (e.g. Shanklin Theatre, Neu Chapel), attendance is limited to 50% of the regular capacity of the room.
- For campus spaces with moveable seating and flexible set-up, attendance is limited to 75% of the regular capacity of the room.
- Outdoor events, including any open lawn space or athletic stadium, may operate at full capacity or without attendance maximums.
- Student organizations must have their event plan approved by the Center for Student Engagement. Student organization events may be held off campus when they follow any COVID-19 precautions in place by the local jurisdictions or regulations of the private business.
- When possible, provide hybrid or virtual experiences for those who cannot or should not attend in person due to continued risk factors for complications from COVID-19.
Campus events should continue to be mindful of social distancing and other good practices to limit the potential spread of COVID-19.
- Some safeguards may still be followed at the discretion of event organizers considering the event’s target population.
- Attendees will follow the campus-wide Mask and Face Covering Policy.
- Consider personal hygiene opportunities for handwashing, hand sanitizing, etc.
- Food and beverage offerings and procedures that minimize contact, queuing, and eliminate shared use.