Employee COVID-19 Required Testing or Proof of Vaccination for Fall Semester
Last Updated: June 24, 2021
The University of Evansville had a very successful spring semester with a small number of COVID-19 cases. This is the result of the intentional practices of our campus community who have come together to limit the spread of the virus on campus.
In preparing for the Fall 2021 semester, we will continue to remain vigilant in our efforts to protect our campus community. Similar to the requirement for students in the spring 2021 semester, the following will be required for students AND employees for the Fall 2021 semester: A negative COVID-19 test is required for all full and part time students and employees (including adjunct instructors) who have reason to be on the UE or Stone Center for Health Sciences campuses. Alternatively, students and employees may submit documentation of COVID vaccination before the start of the fall semester.
Students and Faculty participating in study abroad programs, including Harlaxton College, will be provided specific information from the Study Abroad office regarding testing and vaccine requirements for fall travel.
Fall Random COVID Testing Program
Those submitting a negative COVID-19 test result will be required to participate in a Random COVID Testing Program conducted throughout the fall semester. Those who have been fully vaccinated and submit the appropriate documentation do not need to submit a negative COVID test and will not be required to participate in the Random COVID Testing Program.
Employees (part-time and full-time) will be required to either:
Submit a negative COVID-19 test result administered no more than seven days prior to the start of the fall semester (semester begins August 25, therefore test must be administered no earlier than August 18).
Note: All employees who submit a negative COVID-19 test result will be required to participate in the Random COVID Testing Program throughout the fall semester in order to work.
Submit documentation that you have received the full vaccination for COVID-19, 14 days or more before the start of the fall semester (semester begins August 25, therefore vaccine documentation must be submitted no later than August 11).
Note: This will eliminate the requirement for participation in the Random COVID Testing Program.
Submit documentation that you had COVID-19 in the last 90 days.
Note: Those with a positive COVID-19 diagnosis in the last 90 days will be automatically enrolled in the fall Random COVID Testing Program unless they provide documentation of being fully vaccinated.
If you are submitting a negative test result:
- The COVID test must be administered no sooner than seven days prior to the first day of classes. Classes begin on Wednesday, August 25.
- Results must be uploaded no later than two days prior to the first day of classes.
- Employees submitting a negative test result will be provided additional information regarding the required fall Random COVID Testing Program.
If you have tested positive for COVID in the last 90 days:
- If test results are older than three months, a negative test result administered no more than 7 days prior to the first day of classes (classes begin on August 25) or proof of full vaccination 14 days before the first day of classes.
- Documentation of a positive COVID test within the past 3 months must be submitted with the date of the diagnosis clearly displayed.
- The employee must not have an active case of COVID-19 and must not have symptoms before submitting any of the required documentation.
After You Submit the Required Documents
After submitting your test result or documentation that you have been fully vaccinated, you and your supervisor will receive an email from UE confirming your compliance with the requirements for the Fall 2021 semester. Those not meeting the requirements will not be able to work*.
Submitting Negative Test Results or Vaccine Documentation
The COVID-19 test must be an antigen or PCR test from an approved medical facility with documented and dated results. Employees will need to upload their documentation through the designated portal (see link below). Once results are uploaded and the requirements met, employees will receive an email confirmation that they have done so. This email must be received before reporting to work on August 25.
Employees will be exempt from the Random COVID Testing Program in the fall semester if they are fully vaccinated:
- For Pfizer and Moderna vaccinations, a validated certificate of a second shot of the vaccination must be submitted prior to your return. If you have only received one shot, a validated negative test must be supplied.
- For Johnson & Johnson, a validated certificate of one vaccine is required.
- Your last vaccine dose must have been received at least 14 days before August 25. Otherwise, you will need to submit a negative COVID-19 test.
Upload your Negative Test Results or Vaccination Documentation
*Refusal to Submit Documentation and/or Participate in Random COVID-19 Testing Program
Employees who refuse to either submit timely documentation of vaccination/COVID-19 test or refuse to participate in Random COVID-19 Testing Program will be placed on administrative leave and subject to additional disciplinary action.
For questions regarding testing and proof of the COVID-19 vaccine, please contact the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com.