Harlaxton Students, parents, and partners
Last Updated: April 1, 2020
Dear Harlaxton Summer 2020 Students,
It is with deep regret that we inform you of our decision to cancel the summer program at Harlaxton for 2020. In making our decision, we have reviewed many developments in the US and UK. As you probably are aware, the Harlaxton spring 2020 students ended their study abroad earlier than expected due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. The situation has been rapidly evolving worldwide since then. In the US:
- Travel to and from the UK and Europe and the US has been greatly restricted, with only few flights per day to the UK.
- Indiana has a Stay at Home Executive Order from the Governor of Indiana, as do many other states.
- The US has declared a National Emergency concerning the COVID-19 outbreak
- The World Health Organization has declared COVID-19 a Global Pandemic
Many study abroad offices and universities have suspended all summer travel and study abroad programs.
In the UK:
- The UK Government has closed all non-essential businesses.
- Travel and transportation are severely limited with stay at home instructions.
- Cases of COVID-19 continue to rise in the UK and in Europe with medical care being provided for only those most in need.
All these factors have contributed to our decision to cancel the Harlaxton summer 2020 program. We know this is extremely disappointing, but the health and safety of our students and Harlaxton team are paramount.
We are offering refunds of deposits to all students. Refunds will be processed automatically, so there is no need to contact us. We are also willing to change your Harlaxton semester to either fall 2020, spring 2021, or summer 2021. If you have purchased an airline ticket, please contact the airline or travel agent directly. Many of these can be cancelled or changed with no fees. In addition, please cancel any other weekend travel you may have scheduled.
It is with such a heavy heart that we bring this news to you today. We know many of you have planned and worked toward a Harlaxton experience for many months or years, and we hope that you will be able to enjoy this experience as global conditions allow in the future.
Should you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Christopher M. Pietruszkiewicz
University of Evansville
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will Harlaxton students be refunded for room and board costs?
Yes, the University of Evansville will refund Harlaxton room and board charges for the Spring 2020 semester on a pro-rata basis. Any remaining credit balance will be refunded to the student.
For University of Evansville students, the pro-rata refund will be applied to any outstanding balance with the University of Evansville or Harlaxton College. Any remaining credit balance will be refunded to the student.
- Can I apply my room and board refund to the fall semester?
Yes, students may elect to apply such refund to tuition, room and board charges for the Fall 2020 semester.
Please complete the form to elect a refund or a credit for the Fall 2020 semester room and board.
- What is the timeline for when I should receive my refund?
Refunds will be processed by April 15, 2020, to the bank account on file with the Office of Student Financial Services. Students may verify or make changes to their bank account information in the Student Menu of WebAdvisor. If no bank account information is available, a paper check will be mailed to the student’s permanent home address.
If you have further questions about housing and dining credits, email StudentFinancialServices@evansville.edu. You can also visit our COVID-19 webpage for the latest information at www.evansville.edu/coronavirus.
- Will I be refunded for room and board costs if I am from a partner college?
For any students from partner colleges and universities, the pro-rata refund will be applied to any outstanding balance with the University of Evansville or Harlaxton College.
Any remaining credit balance will be refunded to the partner college or university. Students should consult with their home college or university for disbursement details.