Mask and Face Covering Policy
Last Updated: July 29, 2021
Effective August 2, 2021, all individuals on the campus community will be required to wear a mask or face covering while indoors, regardless of vaccination status. Social distancing of at least three feet will also be observed.
Disposable masks will be provided for campus visitors who do not have their own masks.
Individual events or programs held on campus may continue to implement additional safety protocols according to their specific safety needs.
Students who have not been vaccinated and have medical issues that may make wearing a face covering difficult should contact Debbie Brenton, Office of Disability Services, 812-488-2663; email@example.com
Faculty and staff who have not been vaccinated and have medical issues that may make wearing a face covering difficult should contact the Office of Human Resources.
Use and Care of Face Coverings
A face covering should:
- Fasten securely with ties or ear loops
- Fit snugly but comfortably
- Include multiple layers
- Allow for breathing without restrictions
- Be able to be laundered
Putting On/Taking Off A Face Covering
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer prior to handling the face covering.
- Avoid touching the front of the face covering.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth when removing the face covering.
- Wash hands immediately after removing.
Care, Storage and Laundering
- Specifically, cloth face coverings may not be used more than one day at a time and must be washed after daily use. They should be replaced immediately if soiled, damaged or visibly contaminated. Keep face covering in a paper bag when not in use. If a paper bag is not available, then an alternative is a plastic Ziploc-style bag.