Mask and Face Covering Policy
Last Updated: November 17, 2021
As of November 17, 2021, masks or face coverings are required while indoors, regardless of vaccination status. This will remain in place until the below metrics are have been met for two consecutive weeks:
- The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) alert status for Vanderburgh County does not rise to a status of orange or red
- Less than 20 active cases of COVID-19 on campus
- The campus vaccination rate is above 80%
All other COVID-19 policies and protocols, including capacity limits, will remain in effect. Disposable masks will be provided for campus visitors who do not have their own masks and prefer to wear one.
UE recognizes that some individuals may have medical cause for not wearing a mask or face covering. In these cases, accommodations can be made.
- Students: contact the Office of Disability Services
- Employees: contact the Office of Human Resources
Use and Care of Face Coverings
A face covering should:
- Fasten securely with ties or ear loops
- Fit snugly but comfortably
- Include multiple layers
- Allow for breathing without restrictions
- Be able to be laundered
Putting On/Taking Off A Face Covering
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer prior to handling the face covering.
- Avoid touching the front of the face covering.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth when removing the face covering.
- Wash hands immediately after removing.
Care, Storage and Laundering
- Specifically, cloth face coverings may not be used more than one day at a time and must be washed after daily use. They should be replaced immediately if soiled, damaged or visibly contaminated. Keep face covering in a paper bag when not in use. If a paper bag is not available, then an alternative is a plastic Ziploc-style bag.