Statement of Value:
All faculty, staff, and students are valued members of the UE community. The health of every member of our campus is our top priority. During this uncertain time of the COVID-19 pandemic, we ask our community to pledge and prioritize the safety of themselves and others.
The UE community is small and interwoven. As such, we must all come together — safely 6 feet apart — to collectively safeguard the well-being of every Purple Ace. More than ever, we must now stand together in following the safety guidelines to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
AS A PURPLE ACE, I PLEDGE TO:
- Perform a daily online campus check-in as a self-screening tool.
Report the appearance of any symptom or potential exposure through the online self-reporting tool.
- Symptoms include but are not limited to: fever, persistent cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, muscle pain, chills, or loss of taste/smell.
- Practice safe hygiene by using sanitizing stations and washing hands whenever possible.
- Not share my personal protective equipment with others.
- Wear a mask or face covering when around others, in both on- and off-campus settings.
- Maintain a standard social distance of 6 feet whether inside or outside.
- Responsibly limit the circle of those I choose to have close contact with.
- Where possible, remain behind plexiglass partitions protecting others.
- Not bring unregulated guests or visitors onto campus.
Safeguard Our Community
- Recognize that this is a rapidly evolving situation, and I will go the distance to stay up-to-date, fully aware that policies are subject to change at any time.
- Anonymously report knowledge of any potential exposures of others through the online reporting tool.
- Cooperate with all self-isolation and contact tracing procedures in the case of a positive COVID-19 test result.
- Reduce in-person extracurricular meetings and use telecommunication solutions as much as possible.
- Actively work to reduce spread of germs by disinfecting my personal space and areas shared with others, as well as any University public equipment/spaces.
While this pledge is voluntary, we ask that every member of the UE community do their part and take the Purple Pledge! We all share in this civic mission and must keep sacred each other’s trust by practicing new habits that keep us all safe.