Rapid Result Test
Last Updated: November 19, 2020
The University is providing free voluntary COVID-19 testing to students who are leaving campus to go home for Thanksgiving Break, Monday-Wednesday, November 23-25.
The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) notified the University of Evansville late this week that they are making the Abbot BinaxNOW rapid-result COVID-19 testing kits available to higher education institutions in Indiana. These tests, which are much less invasive than standard deep nasal swabs, only swab the inside tip of the nostril. The results of the test will be available approximately 15 – 30 minutes after testing through the NAVICA mobile app.
The goal of this antigen rapid-result test is to provide students with important health information so they can plan accordingly when they arrive home for the holidays. Students who are remaining on campus for Thanksgiving and leaving in December will have an opportunity to be tested prior to their departure from Evansville.
Who can get a rapid-result test:
- Students who are symptom free, have not tested positive in the last 90 days for COVID-19, and are leaving to return home for Thanksgiving Break.
Who should not get a rapid-result test:
- Students experiencing symptoms should NOT participate in the rapid-result testing program. Symptomatic students should pursue a standard PCR COVID-19 test at a local medical facility.
- Students who have tested positive in the last 90 days will not be allowed to receive this antigen rapid-result test, as they are expected to have antibodies that will result in a positive test.
Rapid-result Testing Location:
Eykamp Hall, Room 253, Ridgway University Center
- Monday, November 23 from 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 24 from 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 25 from 9:00 a.m. – Noon
Please follow these important testing steps:
- Download the NAVICA mobile app.
- Follow the prompts and create an account.
- On the Test Center Page click the blue “Display NAVICA ID” Button.
- Arrive 5 minutes before your scheduled time, use the main stairwell, and check in at Room 253 in Eykamp Hall on the second floor of Ridgway University Center.
- Bring a photo ID.
- Bring your mobile device to scan your test so you can receive your results.
If you test positive, you will be asked to:
- Take a standard PRC COVID-19 test (nasal swab) at a local medical facility,
- Complete the UE self-reporting form, and
- Create a plan to self-isolate when returning home.
Even with a negative result, it continues to be very important that that we continue to follow safety protocols such as wearing masks and/or face coverings, maintaining social distancing, and washing hands frequently with warm water or using hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.