Last Updated: March 21, 2022
Required Testing for Fall Semester Move-in
Testing and Vaccination requirements for Fall 2022 have not yet been determined. Please refer back to this page for more information as it comes out.
Masks and Social Distancing within Residential Properties
As of March 21, 2022, masks and face coverings will no longer be required while indoors.
If you are at high risk for severe illness, talk to your healthcare provider about whether you need to wear a mask and take other precautions.
We recommend that you stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines. Get tested if you have symptoms.
If you experience symptoms, have been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19, or if you test positive for COVID-19:
Notify the Office of the Dean of Students through the Exposure, Testing, or Confirmed Diagnosis Form. If you are off campus, you should not return to in-person classes or any UE facilities. If you test positive, you should isolate yourself at home or off campus for a period of 5 days. You should not return to campus until you have met the CDC's criteria to discontinue home isolation.
The University has set aside a limited number of designated housing for isolation purposes for residential students who cannot go home or self-isolate off campus.
Prepare a COVID-19 Emergency Bag
Be sure to prepare a COVID-19 emergency bag ahead of time in case you need to isolate. Be prepared to spend five days in isolation. Make sure you include:
- Important papers / your ID / insurance information
- Cloth face coverings / Masks
- First Aid Kit
- Soap, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes to disinfect surfaces
- Prescription medications
- Non-prescription medications such as pain relievers, fever reducers, anti-diarrhea medication, antacids or laxatives
- Prescription eyeglasses and contact lens solution
- Complete change of clothing / sleeping apparel
- Toiletries, soap, deodorant
- Feminine supplies and personal hygiene items
- Paper cups, plates, paper towels and plastic utensils
- Paper and pencil
- Books, games, puzzles or other activities
- Electronic devices, charging equipment, etc.