Last Updated: July 29, 2021
Required Testing for Fall Semester Move-in
Move-in to residential housing will not be approved without providing the following documentation:
- Submit a negative COVID-19 test result before arriving on campus or taking courses.
- Submit documentation that you had COVID-19 in the last 90 days.
- Submit documentation that you are fully vaccinated.
Negative COVID-19 test results must be administered no more than seven days before your move-in appointment. Upload your test results no later than two days before your scheduled arrival.
Masks and Social Distancing within Residential Properties
Effective August 2, 2021, all individuals will be required to wear a mask or face covering while indoors, regardless of vaccination status. Social distancing of at least three feet will also be observed.
Common area kitchens will have some restrictions. No food will be able to be stored in common area refrigerators. We highly recommend either buying or renting a small Micro-Fridge unit for personal use.
Prepare a COVID-19 Emergency Bag
Be sure to prepare a COVID-19 emergency bag ahead of time in case you need to isolate. Be prepared to spend 10 days in isolation. You may not be able to return to your room to retrieve personal items. Make sure you include:
- Important papers / your ID / insurance information
- Cloth face coverings / Masks
- First Aid Kit
- Soap, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes to disinfect surfaces
- Prescription medications
- Non-prescription medications such as pain relievers, fever reducers, anti-diarrhea medication, antacids or laxatives
- Prescription eyeglasses and contact lens solution
- Complete change of clothing / sleeping apparel
- Toiletries, soap, deodorant
- Feminine supplies and personal hygiene items
- Paper cups, plates, paper towels and plastic utensils
- Paper and pencil
- Books, games, puzzles or other activities
- Electronic devices, charging equipment, etc.
If you experience symptoms, have been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19, or if you test positive for COVID-19:
Notify the Office of the Dean of Students through the Exposure, Testing, or Confirmed Diagnosis Form.
If you are off campus, you should not return to in-person classes or any UE facilities. If you test positive, you should isolate yourself at home or off campus for a period of 14 days. You should not return to campus until you have met the CDC’s criteria to discontinue home isolation.
The University has set aside a limited number of designated housing for isolation purposes for residential students who cannot go home or self-isolate off campus.