Last Updated: July 29, 2021
Implement Health Education and Safety Health Protocols
- Adapt student activities to minimize the risk of COVID-19 transmission and set the stage for a culture of health and safety.
Follow appropriate guidelines for protecting yourself and others.
- Wear mask/face covering.
- Wash hands regularly and use anti-microbial hand sanitizer after touching objects or surfaces (Hand-sanitizer stations will be strategically placed on campus).
- Avoid touching your face as much as possible.
- Adhere to safe social distancing practices.
- Individual buildings will have specific guidelines that will be posted and communicated to the community.
Events involving visitors to campus will be reduced and carefully monitored.
- High-traffic areas and areas with frequent off-campus visitors will be provided with infrared thermometers to monitor temperatures and plexiglass barriers and use appropriate floor signage and physical signs to direct others to maintain safe distances.
- All students, faculty, and staff will monitor for and report all symptoms of COVID-19.
Masks and/or Face Coverings
Effective August 2, 2021, all individuals on the campus community will be required to wear a mask or face covering while indoors, regardless of vaccination status. Social distancing of at least three feet will also be observed.
- Disposable masks will be provided for campus visitors who do not have their own masks.
- UE recognizes that some individuals may have medical cause for not wearing a mask or face covering. In these cases, accommodations can be made.
- The University Mask and Face Covering Policy is available online.
Safe Community for Everyone
- These protocols apply to anyone on campus, including but not limited to all students, staff, faculty, contractors, vendors, suppliers, and visitors.
The hope is to achieve voluntary compliance. It is a shared responsibility of all those in the campus community to be supportive, collaborative and treat each other with respect and dignity at all times.
- Failure to comply with these protocols may result in disciplinary action through the Office of the Dean of Students (students) or Human Resources (employees).
Expectations for Health Screenings, Safe Practices, and Safe Living Environments
- Before arriving back to campus, all students and employees will be required to complete online training regarding the new COVID-19-related expectations, such as possible required health screenings and/or COVID-19 testing.
- The University will incorporate safety practices that de-densify activities that have traditionally been congested.
Student-Athlete Safety Precautions and Protocols
The NCAA has developed enhanced safety protocols for student-athletes and essential athletics support personnel. In accordance with mandatory guidelines by the NCAA Board of Governors, all student-athletes are testing upon their return to campus. Additional safety protocols include regular COVID-19 testing with frequency depending on contact risk of each sport and practice and competition status, separation of student-athletes and essential personnel from all other nonessential personnel, as well as prescribed physical distancing and masking policies during all aspects of competition and noncompetition. Additional FAQs and information are available on the NCAA website.