Procedure to Establish Eligibility

Students who wish to request accommodations must establish eligibility by providing appropriate written documentation of the disability to the Office of Counseling Services, located within the Student Life area on the 2nd floor of the Ridgway University Center. The documentation should include an evaluation by an appropriately licensed healthcare provider. Some examples of such persons are physicians, psychiatrists, and psychologists. The documentation should clearly state a diagnosis and makes evident the current impact of the disability as it relates to the accommodations requested. Often this documentation can be forwarded from the student's high school.

Each student should schedule an appointment to meet with a counselor/disability service provider (812-488-2663) for an individual consultation. During the consultation, the counselor and student discuss the current impact of the disability in the academic setting. After reviewing the student's medical and/or diagnostic records and meeting with the student, the counselor determines appropriate services and reasonable academic accommodations. The medical records and disability documentation will be maintained in the Office of Counseling Services.

Office Phone:

Office Email:

Office Location:
Second Floor, Ridgway University Center