Activities and Entertainment
One of Holiday World's exciting, classic wooden roller-coasters just a few hours drive from downtown Evansville.
- This isn’t your average outing or everyday experience—Breakout is for those who would rather solve mysteries than watch someone else have all the fun. With different rooms that follow unique storylines, you and your friends will have 60 minutes to escape your adventure of choice by cracking codes, solving puzzles, and following clues. Part problem solving, part adrenaline, and end-to-end fun.
- Escape Evansville
- The craze that's sweeping the nation is now in Evansville! Each Escape Room is a real life brain teaser for a small group — you and your team will be locked in a room where you'll need to solve puzzles, find clues and crack codes in order to escape. You have one goal: work together and escape the room in under one hour! Play with your family, friends, or co-workers and see if you have what it takes to make an escape!
- Holiday World
- Enjoy Roller Coasters, Family Rides, plus free soft drinks, sunscreen, and parking, at Holiday World Theme Park & Splashin' Safari Water Park in Santa Claus, Indiana.
- Mesker Park Zoo and Botanical Gardens
- Visit Indiana’s first zoo! Mesker Zoo offers a worldwide adventure as you encounter over 700 animals representing 186 species from around the globe. Located on 45-scenic acres on Evansville’s northwest side, you’ll be welcomed to our unique zoo, and you’ll enjoy being completely immersed in natural beauty. From the South American rainforest of Amazonia to the Family Garden, Lake Victoria, and the rolling hills in between. Connecting people with the natural world is mission accomplished when you visit Mesker Park Zoo and Botanic Garden.
- Showplace Family Entertainment Center (FEC)
- Showplace FEC is an entertainment center that includes: a movie theatre, an arcade, laser tag, and bowling alleys. FEC has a total of 20 bowling lanes, 12 public lanes, and 8 lanes for private events. They have over 22 flat screen TVs, and five 20-foot projector screens to watch your favorite sporting events. They have a full-service restaurant, and a menu at the lanes, where you can order food and eat at the lanes while you rack up turkeys!
- Sky Zone
- Wall-to-wall trampolines for endless aerial fun with friends and family. Sky Zone consists of several trampoline courts, which are arrays of trampolines placed horizontally and surrounded by trampolines placed at angles that serve as the court's walls.
- Swonder Ice Arena
- Swonder is comprised of two NHL regulation size arenas and a mezzanine fitness center. It is home to recreational skaters, hockey players, figure skaters, and fitness enthusiasts; and it offers public skating sessions seven days a week and inexpensive daily or monthly rates in the fitness center.
- Vertical eXcape
- Vertical eXcape Climbing Center is located at 1315 N. Royal Ave in Evansville, IN (near Eastland Mall). It features over 12,000 square feet of textured climbing surface with heights up to 32 feet, over 40 climbing stations, huge bouldering area, and a great party area just for your group. With an interesting array of slabs, vertical sections and overhangs, Vertical eXcape is sure to please everyone from the first time adventure seeker to the advanced climber.
- Walther’s Golf & Fun
- Walther’s Golf & Fun has 36-holes of tropical mini-golf excitement, including 18-hole indoor and outdoor courses. Lazer tag games can facilitate up to 25 participants, while spectators in the lobby can follow the action live on four flat panel screens. The world-class arcade is complete with fifty incredible games from Walther’s video game partner, Namco Cybertainment. Earn cool prizes playing skeeball and other games, or monkey-around in the indoor playground.
- AMF Arc Lanes
- AMF Arc offers best-in-class bowling and awesome anytime fun—featuring 40 all-star lanes, an interactive arcade, billiards, and an on-site Pro Shop that caters both to serious bowlers and those new to the sport. Located on Evansville’s East Side near Washington Square Mall.
- Diamond Bowling Lanes
- Centrally located in Evansville off of Highway 41. Offers glow bowling and several lanes for bowlers of all kinds.
- Franklin Lanes
- Located on Evansville’s west side, Franklin Lanes is a beautiful 20 lane center that has been locally family owned and operated since 1942. The center has been fully renovated with new Brunswick Pro Lanes, expanded concourse, new flat screen scoring monitors and new flat screen TV's. With state of the art technology and a professional, attentive staff, Franklin Lanes delivers the best bowling experience around.
- River City Recreation
- Great place and great employees to insure your experience is enjoyable. Pro Shop available for your bowling needs.
- AMC 16 Evansville
- If you happen to be on the west side of Evansville, check out a movie at Evansville’s AMC 16.
- Showplace Cinemas
- Enjoy watching a movie at one of Showplace’s eight locations; one of which offers low priced admissions (Showplace South), and another that offers free popcorn upon admission (Showplace North).
- Children’s Museum of Evansville (cMoe)
- Located in Downtown Evansville, Indiana, The Koch Family Children’s Museum of Evansville (cMoe) offers over 18,000 square feet of galleries and exhibits, housed in a beautiful historic Art Deco building once home to the public library. The mission of the museum is to spark the curious minds and imaginations of children and their families through dynamic exhibits, programs, and activities. Museum staff and supporters strive to meet that mission everyday by encouraging young minds to explore all that cMoe offers and experience learning through play.
- Dream Car Museum
- The Midwest’s most extensive collection of exotic and vintage cars enriched by a world class display of automotive memorabilia.
- Evansville African American Museum
The Evansville African American Museum is a place for meeting, learning, and discovery with several sections that may pique your interest:
- One section showcases life in the 1938 era.
- The remaining sections of the building have been renovated as a modern museum serving to promote arts and education programs, cultural events and festivals.
- The museum showcases local artists, traveling and permanent exhibits, and contributing citizens past and present.
- The gallery serves as a “celebration center” for special events and meetings.
- The museum serves as a tourist destination for organizations and groups visiting the city.
- Evansville Museum of Arts, History, and Science
- The Evansville Museum of Arts, History & Science is a general museum located in the Historic District in Downtown Evansville. The Museum offers exhibitions, educational happenings and family programming that feed the mind and soul. Watch for events exploring art, history and science and make sure to see the exciting, panoramic films in the Koch Immersive Theater!
- Evansville Wartime Museum
- Evansville Wartime Museum located on Evansville’s north side is a destination for people of all ages. The Museum creates an educational and rewarding environment illustrating general military history, and specific focus on the Evansville and the surrounding communities’ contribution to supporting the World War II effort.
- This LST (Landing Ship, Tank) is an amphibious vessel designed to land battle-ready tanks, troops and supplies directly onto enemy shores. Ships of this type proved to be enormously useful during times of war and peace both. This particular LST was originally known as LST-325 during the Second World War, USNS LST-325 during its arctic operations in the 1950's, and later L-144 (A/G Syros) while it was in the service of the Greek Navy. It was acquired by The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc., in 2000, and caught considerable public attention when our veteran crew brought it on a 6,500-mile journey from the Greek island of Crete to Mobile, Alabama.
- Downtown Evansville Farmers’ Market (Mid-May– Late September)
- Visit the downtown Farmer’s Market from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (rain or shine) from mid-May to late-September. Our market location for the 2018 season is at the corner of third, fourth, and Bond Streets. The market is across the Lloyd Expressway from Willard Library and Berry Global Inc. Shop for quality fresh locally grown produce and other items, while enjoying the community atmosphere. Look forward to various activities and events planned for the 2018 season, including: live music, educational presentations, health screenings, wellness tips, kids’ activities, recipes, and prizes!
- Eastland Mall
- From fresh new looks to classic styles, our stores have it all. Check out our directory to find your favorite stores, dining, and more. If you’re looking to save big time on your favorite brands and the latest styles, you’ve come to the right place. Find the perfect sale for your style today. Great shopping and dining is just the beginning. Check out our list of events to find the perfect addition to your shopping expedition.
- Historic Newburgh Farmers’ Market (Mid-May– Late September)
- The Historic Newburgh Farmers Market is not just a market…it’s a happening! Overlooking the beautiful Newburgh, Indiana riverfront in the Edgewater Grille parking lot, our market includes many local vendors all from within a 60 mile radius of Newburgh. You can enjoy browsing a variety of vendors including pasture raised meats, produce, baked goods, fresh pressed juices, jewelry, hand-woven rugs, flowers, herbs, and much more. The 2018 market is every Saturday morning starting late May to late September from 8-12 with live music each week from 9-12.
- The Refinery
- Step into a little piece of Newburgh’s history when you visit The Refinery (formerly the Old Country Store). The Old Country Store, built in 1855, has been a landmark for generations, and now it serves as a charming coffee, ice cream, and gift shop.
- River City Mercantile
- River City opened in 2016 with a vision of providing a place for local makers to showcase their high quality, handmade goods in a relaxed social setting. Our shop is a unique blend of amazing coffee as well as one of a kind gift from our local makers. River City has products from over 50 makers including 6th Street Soapery, Smith and Hide Leather Goods, and Timberview Flower Farm. River City is a one of a kind gift shop and was named the Evansville Readers Choice Best Gift Shop—Platinum and Evansville Living’s Best of Gift shop. Located just off the corner of 3rd and Main.
- Evansville Otters
- Locally owned and a member of the Frontier League, the Otters are the darlings of summer. Great ball play combined with fun promotions throughout the game guarantee an evening of fun family entertainment. To top it off, the games are played at Bosse Field, a stadium built in 1915 and the site of the filming of “A League of Their Own” in 1992. Come watch our Boys of Summer from May through August.
- The Evansville Thunderbolts are a minor league ice hockey team in the Southern Professional Hockey League. The team plays at the Ford Center in Evansville, Indiana. The Thunderbolts draw a nice crowd to their games, and they are considered a local treasure. The Thunderbolts’ name is symbolic of Evansville’s history. The name was taken from the P-47 Thunderbolt fighter aircraft which was manufactured in Evansville during the Second World War. Enjoy a game during the months of October through March.
- Angel Mounds
- A visit to Angel Mounds takes you back in time a thousand years, to the time of Mississippian chiefdoms! Everyone is invited to take this amazing journey and learn about our Native American predecessors in Southern Indiana.
- Burdette Park
- Burdette Park is a municipally owned and operated facility that provides a recreational and educational environment for patrons of all ages. Burdette Park is comprised of approximately 170 acres of scenic rolling hills in southwestern Indiana. Burdette Park Aquatic Center offers something for everyone in the family. One of the largest aquatic centers in the Midwest, it features a large Olympic pool with two diving boards. There is a family pool with two breathtaking slides, and a children’s pool with a floating alligator and snake closely guarded by a skilled team of guards and EMT’s.
- Evansville Greenway Bike and Walking Path
- The Greenway Passage winds through the heart of Evansville. The ten foot wide paved trail showcases the creek and the banks of the Ohio River in downtown as it connects neighborhoods and parks, business districts, and nature areas. The Greenway is a safe and scenic place where you can run, skate, ride your bike or wheelchair, exercise your dog, stroll your baby, enjoy a leisurely walk, or train for an upcoming marathon.
- Evansville Trails Coalition
- The Evansville Trails Coalition work to connect people and places, promote active lifestyles, and advocate for the development of multi-use trails. Find what interests you on this site.
- Marengo Cave
- Select from our easy walking tours, cave explorations trips, gemstone mining, cave simulator, or canoeing adventures on the nearby Blue River.
- New Harmony
- Nestled in the serene southwest corner of Indiana on the banks of the Wabash, New Harmony is a small-town community with a rich and fascinating history. Founded in 1814 by a German communal society, New Harmony has always been a place where people understand the meaning of “quality of life.” Today the town is known for its historic sites, artistic and spiritual centers, architecture, and antique shopping. Blending the best of the old and the new, New Harmony offers visitors a unique experience. Come for an afternoon or a week—we’ll make your visit special!
- Parks/Pools/Golf Courses
- This link provides a list of links for local Parks, Pools, and Golf courses. Enjoy the many outdoor activities you could experience in beautiful southwestern Indiana.
- Rotary Kayak/Canoe Launch
- Pigeon Creek meanders for mile through Evansville’s northeast side to its juncture with the Ohio River near downtown. Located on Green River Road one quarter of a mile north from Lynch Road, the Rotary Kayak/Canoe Launch allows access to Pigeon Creek. It offers paddlers the opportunity to enjoy Evansville’s 6 mile “blue trail.” View the guided canoe and kayak trips!
- Wesselman Nature Society
- Wesselman Nature Society provides environmental education and outdoor recreation experiences designed to awaken the senses and enrich the lives of area resident and visitors. The Society is charged with ensuring the sustainability of our properties and the continued success of our programming, in keeping our mission and strategic plan. If you or your organization would like more information about its programs, contact Wesselman Nature Society.
- Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library
- With 8 locations throughout Vanderburgh County, EVPL is ready to discover, explore, and connect WITH you! EVPL encourages you to uncover new things, revisit old favorites, and to engage along the way.
- University of Evansville Libraries
- The Clifford Memorial Library opened in 1957 providing 28,000 assignable square feet. The Bower-Suhrheinrich Library opened in 1986 providing 56,000 assignable square feet and was renovated in 2015.
- 22,000 Unique E-journals
- 170,000 E-books
- 230,000 Books and Bound Volumes
- Nearly 100 Research Databases
- 16 Group Study Rooms and Collaborative Spaces
- Wired and Wireless Internet Access
- Willard Library
- Willard Library in Evansville, Indiana, is famous for personal service and treasured special collections. Whether you’re a genealogist seeking to uncover the past, or a reader looking for a great book for yourself or your children; you’ll find something that everyone can enjoy. Who knows! You might even bump into the infamous Gray Lady while you’re searching through the archives of Indiana’s oldest public library.