FAFSA Special Circumstances
Special circumstances may exist which are not reflected on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Office of Financial Aid will review circumstances on a case-by-case basis.
- Recent job loss
- Significant change in income
- Death of parent in prior or current year
- Recent divorce or separation of parents
- Excessive out-of-pocket medical expenses
- Private school tuition for younger siblings
As part of this review, the FAFSA is verified and documentation of the circumstance is required. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid if you have questions regarding this process.