Beginning with the incoming class of Fall 2016, the UE Guarantee will rely on each student’s commitment to follow a list of practical guidelines in exchange for the University’s assurance that required courses are available, personal academic plans are developed, and personal counseling is made available. To qualify for the Guarantee, students must pursue a course of study that is intended for four-year completion*, have appropriate high school and English language proficiency preparation, and follow the guidelines below:
- Be a full-time, degree-seeking freshman student who follows the outlined course of study plan for graduation published by the academic department and maintains that program’s academic progression and requirements.
- Successfully complete all prerequisite and required courses and GPA requirements each year to move forward in a declared major.
- Maintain full-time, consecutive enrollment for all four years in a course of study approved by the advisor.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by the University registrar in the University Catalog.
- Receive no academic or judicial sanctions as defined in the Student Handbook that would delay graduation.
- Some professional programs* and some experiences (such as co-ops, ChangeLab, and certain study abroad travel) may require more than four years to complete. For such programs, if the prescribed academic plan is followed and a student fails to graduate on time, UE will provide the hour or hours needed to complete the degree not to exceed one year (room and board not included).
- Changing majors after the first semester to/from programs like nursing, engineering, or music can prevent graduating in four years as these programs curriculum begin the first semester of the first year.
* Programs requiring more than 4 years include: music therapy, music education, clinical laboratory science, and engineering. More than one major, or multiple minors may extend required time for a degree as well.
For questions or to receive more information about the UE Guarantee, please contact the Office of Admission at 1-833-BeAnAce (1-833-232-6223) or by e-mail at email@example.com.
The UE Guarantee applies to incoming freshmen who matriculate at the University of Evansville in Fall 2016. However, since the Guarantee is based on the quality of our existing programs, current enrolled students benefit directly from the institutional resources the Guarantee ensures.
- Small class sizes enable all students one-on-one access to high quality faculty engagement and mentorship.
- Internships and experiential education opportunities are an integral part of a UE education that helps our graduates be successful. All students and alumni have full access to UE’s Center for Career Development resources now and after graduation.
- All freshmen entering in the fall 2015, except those receiving financial support from a non-U.S. governmental entity, received institutional financial aid.
- All UE students have the opportunity to study abroad. Additionally, a student’s financial aid package applies to study abroad at Harlaxton College, which makes the Harlaxton program particularly affordable.
If you are a current student and have questions about the UE Guarantee, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 812-488-2600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.