University of Evansville

Admission Guidelines

At the University of Evansville, we review each application individually.

Non-Degree Student Admission Guidelines

Special students are those students who wish to take courses during the academic year but who do not intend to work toward a degree at the University of Evansville. The following type of students qualify as special students:

  • Visiting/Transient Students - Students currently enrolled at another accredited college or university who wish to take courses at Evansville but plan to graduate from their home institution.

  • Concurrent Students - Students who are currently enrolled in high school or are homeschooled and wish to take courses at Evansville.

  • College Graduate Students - Students who have a college degree but need additional undergraduate credit to earn special licensing or prepare for graduate school. Students in the Transitions to Teaching Program fall under this category.

  • Personal Enrichment Students - Non-degree seeking students who have graduated from high school or earned their GED, regardless of age, who wish to take courses for personal enrichment.

Students who wish to take summer courses should contact the Office of Academic Affairs at 800-423-8633, ext. 2479, or 812-488-2479 to request a summer schedule and registration form.

What documents do I need to provide?

  • Special Student Application
  • Application fee of $10
  • Official high school transcript (for concurrent students)
  • Official transcript(s) from every post secondary school you have attended (for students applying to the Transitions to Teaching Program)
  • Recommendation form from the Office of the Dean of Students where you have taken the majority of your classes or from the university that you have attended most recently (this form is only required upon request by the Office of Admission)

What about financial aid for special students?

Financial aid, scholarships, and University of Evansville employee tuition benefits are not available for special students. However, Transitions to Teaching students can qualify for student loans.

How do special students register for classes?

Students granted special student status are not required to submit an admission deposit and may register on the last working day before classes begin. This ensures that degree-seeking students have the first opportunity for class availability. Once permission has been granted for your special student status, you will be notified by the Office of Admission in more detail about advising and registration.