Translate to and from French, Spanish, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Norwegian and others. Provided by AltaVista.
- Evolution of Language
Gives an overview of the latest translation software products, allows exchange of knowledge among translators and offers web-space to interested translators.
"Retrouvez l'info qui vous int?resse parmi 4448 listes de diffusion du newsletters et 28000 messages!"
Translate bits of text or entire web pages.
Impressive collection of links to linguistics and language specific resources on the Internet. Formerly known as the Human-Languages Page.
- Yamada Language Center
A comprehensive guide to language resources on the Web. You can browse alphabetically, geographically, or by language family.
French Business Language
- ARTFL Project Verb Conjugation Engine
- Tex's French Grammar
Exercises appropriate for beginning French learners. Terms are explained in English. RealPlayer is needed for the pronunciation sound files; there's also a verb conjugator and a dictionary.
- ClicNet: Littérature francophone virtuelle
- French Grammar Central
- Sigles, Acronymes, Abreviations, etc.
- Gallica Classique
Complete French texts (no English translation) of French literary masterpieces arranged by literary period. Classiques Garnier takes you to the text retrieval page.
- ARTFL Project: University of Chicago
- ClicNet: Literature Francophone virtuelle
- ABU: la Bibliotheque Universelle
- ATHENA Textes Francais
- Gallica Classique
Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
Associations and Organizations
- AEFE:Agence Pour L'enseignement Francais a L'etranger
- Agence Universitaire de la Francophone
Links to research institutions around the world specializing in the diversity and development of languages.
- L'Alliance Francaise@Globe-Gate
With over 25,000 members in 140 countries, its goal is the dissemination of French language and culture.
- American Association of Teachers of French
Founded in 1927, the largest national association of French teachers in the world with nearly 10,000 members.
- Organizations Promoting the Study of French
67 links include organizations of French teachers and those outside of specific educational institutions sponsoring instructional programs in French language, culture and literature.
- Society for French Studies
The Society for French Studies, the oldest and leading learned association for French studies in the UK and Ireland, exists to promote teaching and research in French studies in higher education.
Other Internet Guides
- Adelaide University: French Resources on the WWW
- HAPAX: French Resources on the Web
- Importance of Knowing French
Provides facts about France, the spread of the French language, and French contributions to world culture. Also includes a timeline of French inventions and discoveries, and to Francophone and Francophile Web sites.
- Le Quarter Francais du Village Planetaire
- Yahoo! France