The University of Evansville’s athletic training program meets all accreditation standards by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). The following information is being provide in accordance with CAATE standards. The University of Evansville Bachelor of Science Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
|Number of students graduating from program.||13||14||11||38|
|Number of students graduating from program who took examination.||13||14||1||23|
|Number of students who passed the examination on the first attempt.||12||10||1||23|
|Percentage of students who passed the examination on the first attempt.||92||71||100||82|
|Number of students who passed the examination regardless of the number of attempts.||13||10||1||24|
|Percentage of students who passed the examination regardless of the number of attempts.||100||71||100||86|
In order to maintain the level of professionalism needed in the Athletic Training Room at the University of Evansville, the following dress code is in effect:
- Appearance is a non-verbal communicator of your professional attitude. As a result, you will be expected to dress according to the occasion (as listed below) and maintain appropriate professional personal hygiene.
- Keep hands clean, nails trimmed, etc. Discretion should be used concerning make-up, long hair and body piercing (keep in mind professional, functional, practical and safe).
- This is a health profession, in which we lead by example in diet, rest, and general well being.
Training Room and Practice Dress
Staff ATCs should wear practical, professional and functional clothing when functioning as an athletic trainer.
Athletic training students should follow the following guidelines:
- Approved UE athletic training logo shirts.
- Team issue sweat pants and wind pants (in black, navy, purple or gray colors only) are acceptable. No Jeans!
- Shorts should be “Docker’s style” dress shorts: acceptable colors are navy, khaki, or tan.
- Shoes: must be functional - sandals, heels, etc. are not allowed.
- Hats: for outdoors sports only must be UE logo hats.
Lockers may be rented in the Fitness Center for changing and storing of clothing.
Adjustments may be made for outdoor practices in climate weather and teams in the pool area.
Students working together should dress alike.
Game Dress Code
Outdoor sports should follow the above guidelines and should include a collared athletic training shirt to all games.
Indoor sports should follow the above guidelines except for where a "coat and tie" or other more dressy appearance is requested.