Visiting Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering
PhD, Michigan State University, Civil Engineering
Koch Center Room 251
Professor Mukherjee is a visiting assistant professor of civil engineering at the University of Evansville. She is a registered professional engineer in Texas.
- PhD Civil Engineering, Michigan State University
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering, Jadavpur University, India
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Calcutta University, India
- Assistant Professor, Engineering Technologies, Southwest TN Community College, Memphis, TN
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Michigan State University
- Graduate Research Assistant, Leachate recirculation in bioreactor landfills, Michigan State University
- Senior Structural Design Engineer, Consulting Engineering Services Ltd., Bangalore, India
- Graduate Research Assistant, Underground construction in soft clay, Jadavpur University, Calcutta, India
- Geotechnical engineering
- Soil Mechanics
- Waste containment systems (Landfills)
- Hydraulic properties of soils
- Lab scale testing of soils, water and waste systems
- Women in Engineering
- Indian Geo-Technical Society, Karnataka Chapter, India
- Institute of Engineers, India
Professional Engineer Registration:
Honors and Awards:
- Featured Engineer Award for Teaching, Memphis Joint Area Council and Engineers' Club of Memphis
- Chartered Engineer Award, Institute of Engineers, India
Publications - In Peer-reviewed Journals:
- Mukherjee, M and Khire, M. V. (2011). Instrumented Large Scale Subsurface Liquid Injection Model for Bioreactor Landfills. Geotechnical Testing Journal, ASTM, Vol. 35, No. 1
- Khire, M. V. and Mukherjee, M (2007). Leachate Injection using Vertical Wells in Engineered Landfills, Waste Management, Vol. 27(9): 1233-1247.
Publications - In Refereed conference proceedings:
- Mukherjee, M, Khire, M. V. and Xuede Qian (2008). Lab-scale Liquid Injection Model of Bioreactor Landfill. Geotechnical Special Publication no. 177, Proceedings of GeoCongress 2008, p 272.
- Khire, M. V. and Mukherjee, M (2008).Numerical modeling of hydraulic behavior of bioreactor landfills. Unsaturated Soils: Advances in Geo-Engineering, Proc. 1st European Conf. on Unsaturated Soils, Durham, UK (ed. Toll, D.G., Augarde, C.E., Gallipoli, D. & Wheeler, S.J.), Leiden: CRC Press/Balkema, pp. 867-872.
- Khire, M., Mijares, R. and Mukherjee, M (2008). Sensing Thermal Properties Using Instrumented Permeable Blankets. Intercontinental Landfill Research Symposia, Colorado.
- Mukherjee, M and Khire, M. V. (2007), Injection of Liquids in Bioreactor Landfills, proceedings of International conference, 150th Anniversary celebration of Dept. of Civil Engineering, BESU, CENeM2007, Jan 11-14.
- Khire, M. V., Haydar M. and Mukherjee, M (2006), Liquid Head on Landfill Liners Due to Leachate Recirculation, proceedings of ASCE GeoCongress 2006, Atlanta.
- Mukherjee, M and Khire, M. V. (2006). Sensing System Field-Scale Evaluation of Hydraulic Properties of Landfilled Waste. Intercontinental Landfill Research Symposia, Sweden.
- Mukherjee, M and Khire, M. V. (2012), Instrumented Large Scale Landfill Model for Understanding Hydraulics of Bioreactor Landfills, proceedings of Mid-South Annual Engineering and Science Conferences, hosted by Christian Brothers University and co-hosted by Healthcare Packaging Consortium, May 1.
- Mukherjee, M (2010). Landfill gas as source of alternative energy. Public Seminar for alternative energy under SETC grant, Southwest Tennessee Community College.