UE School of Education students will have 1,000 hours of classroom experience before graduation.

Current Student Information

Admission to Teacher Education

All students seeking teaching licenses must apply for admission to teacher education during the semester in which they are enrolled in Education 320, usually during their sophomore year. CANDIDATES CANNOT ENROLL IN INTERNSHIPS UNTIL THEY ARE ADMITTED TO THE SCHOOL OF EDUCATION. Application forms are available in the School of Education office (GH 304). Admission to teacher education is granted when the following requirements are met.

  • Grade of C or better in Education 100, 200, and 320
  • Overall GPA of 2.80 or better
  • Passing scores (Indiana) on the reading, writing, and mathematics sections of the CASA tests; these tests must be completed during the freshman year or prior to completion of Education 100 or Education 150
    (Education 200 for transfer students and other special cases)
  • Submission and approval of the Professional Education Portfolio
  • Satisfactory interview with Admission to Teacher Education Committee
  • Approval by the School of Education faculty