Early Start Education Certificate Program for High School Students
The Early Start Education Certificate Program provides up to 13 required credits for future elementary and secondary education majors as well as students pursuing a special education license addition. All classes are offered in a convenient online format, making it easier for high school students to get an early start on their college education. With a reduced tuition cost of $125 per credit hour, plus book fees, these courses offer real value to future UE Education students.
The certificate includes five courses for a total of 13 credit hours. Courses offered towards this certificate will be delivered through Blackboard, an online learning platform. While course offerings may vary by semester, the UE School of Education anticipates offering these courses during fall, spring, and summer sessions.
- Education 100 (3 credits) History and Foundations of American Education
- Education 201 (3 credits) Introduction to Special Education
- Psychology 121 (3 credits) Introduction to Psychology
- Psychology 226 (3 credits) Child and Adolescent Psychology
- Health Education 100: (1 credit) Concepts of Health and Wellness