Master of Engineering
UE’s Master of Engineering professional degree program offers three options:
- Master of Engineering - Electrical Engineering
- Master of Engineering - Computer Engineering
- Master of Engineering - Computer Science
This 12-month program allows undergraduate students to extend their studies by an additional year and earn both a bachelor’s and Master of Engineering degree. The cost for the program is $525 per credit hour, and students must earn 31 credits to graduate.
The University of Evansville accepts applicants into this program who meet the following requirements:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must achieve a minimum TOEFL score of 70 (IBT) or a minimum IELTS score of 6.0.
- Applicants from China must pass College English Test (CET) Level 6 (CET6) as an alternative English test requirement.
- International students will be admitted into the program provided they meet entrance requirements.
- This is a 12-month program.
- Minimum of 31 credits over 2-3 semesters will be required.
- Designed for those with bachelor’s degrees in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science who wish to gain advanced knowledge and experience in their field.
- All course work will be done in a classroom.
- Students take advanced courses in their engineering area option and in related fields.
- All degree options have the same format but differ in course requirements and content.
- Option to go to Harlaxton College (UE’s living, learning center in England) to do research with UE professors.
- Working professionals and part-time students will finish their degree at their own pace.
Advantages of the Master in Engineering Degree
- Undergraduate engineering students can extend their studies by one year and obtain both a bachelor’s in engineering and a Master of Engineering degree.
- A Master of Engineering degree enables students to begin their career at an advanced level.
- Those with a Master of Engineering degree stand out in the job market and work place as most engineers only have a bachelor’s degree.
- Salary for engineers with a Master of Engineering degree is typically $20,000 higher than for those engineers with just a bachelor’s degree.
- Students will select four of the following 500-level courses from their discipline for 14 credit hours:
How to Apply
- Complete the online application for admission.
- Submit English language requirements if needed.
- Provide two letters of recommendation.
- Provide an official transcript from all colleges attended.
For more information, contact:
Dr. Tony Richardson
Chair of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science