Welcome! We're glad you're here. In the links below, you'll find all the information about your chance to win up to a $1,000 scholarship to the University of Evansville. We look forward to seeing your video.
- View the video prompt and contest rules.
- Print the application.
- Like the Department of Foreign Languages and Cultures Facebook page to check out the exciting things our students, professors, and alumni are involved in.
- Schedule a campus visit to meet the foreign language faculty.
Show us what you’ve learned about the culture you’re studying. This could be through a newscast about a current event in that country, an advertisement for travel there, or even a song about what you love about that culture. Be as creative as you’d like. Make sure to show us what you’ve learned about the culture in question. Most importantly, have fun!
- Each participant must submit a separate application. Entries must be received by Monday, December 2, 2019.
- The contest is open to any student in grades 9-12 who is currently or who has formerly studied French, Spanish, or German.
- A maximum of three students are allowed in any one video. Only students who speak a substantial amount in the video will be eligible for scholarships.
- No student may submit more than one video.
- The scene must be three to five minutes in length.
- The video must be posted to YouTube or Facebook and made accessible to the Department of Foreign Languages and Cultures.
- The scholarship will be credited to the student’s account upon their enrollment as a full-time undergraduate student at the University of Evansville.
- Winners of the essay contest could be eligible for a renewal of this up to $1,000 scholarship up to three times for excellent progress as a UE foreign language major or minor.
- In order to enter the contest, you and your foreign language teacher must sign the application form, authorizing UE to use your video for promotional purposes. If you are under 18, a parent or legal guardian must sign as well.
- Entries will be judged by the faculty of the Department of Foreign Languages and Cultures.
If you have any questions, please contact Lesley Pleasant, PhD, at email@example.com.
Students will be required to take a language placement test before enrolling in foreign languages and cultures classes at UE.
Students may enter the Essay Contest and the Video Contest, but will only be eligible to receive one award.