Chair, Mechanical and Civil Engineering
Professor, Mechanical and Civil Engineering
PhD, University of Missouri-Rolla, Civil Engineering
Koch Center Room 268A
Professor Swenty is professor of mechanical and civil engineering at the University of Evansville. He has been on the faculty at UE since 1993.
- PhD in Civil Engineering, University of Missouri-Rolla.
- Graduate, Engineer Officers Basic Course, US Army Engineer School.
- MS in Civil Engineering, University of Florida.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, University of Missouri-Rolla
- Program Director & Chief Engineer, Dam and Reservoir Safety Program, Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Rolla, Missouri.
- Senior Civil Engineer, Stottler, Stagg, and Associates, Architects, Engineers, and Planners, Inc. Cape Canaveral, Florida.
- Officer, United States Army, Branch-Corps of Engineers
- Hydraulic Engineering (Open Channel Hydraulics)
- Hydrologic Modeling
- Geotechnical Engineering (Slope Stability)
- Dam Safety
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Society of American Military Engineers
- American Society for Engineering Education
- Association of State Dam Safety Officials
- Chi Epsilon
- ABET, Inc.
- Phi Kappa Phi
Licensed Professional Engineer:
Recent Refereed Conference Publications with Presentations (Full Paper Review):
- Swenty, B.J., Swenty, M.K., “The Impact of EAC-ABET Program Criteria on Civil Engineering Curricula,” Proceedings of the 2018 ASEE Conference, Salt Lake City, Utah, June 2018
- Swenty, M.K., Swenty, B.J., “Professional Licensure: The Core of the Civil Engineering Body of Knowledge,” Proceedings of the 2017 ASEE Conference, Columbus, OH, June 2017