Professor Allen is a professor of civil engineering at the University of Evansville. He is a registered professional engineer in the states of Indiana and Ohio. Allen has been a faculty member in the College of Engineering and Computer Science since 2006.
- Ph.D in Structural Engineering, University of Cincinnati, 2006.
- MS in Structural Engineering, University of Oklahoma, 1997.
- BS in Civil Engineering, University of Missouri-Rolla, 1994.
- Graduate Research Assistant in numerical analysis of structural dynamics, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Project Engineer, Martin Marietta Aggregates, Xenia, Ohio.
- Bridge Design Engineer, R.D. Zande, Inc., Columbus, Ohio.
- Project Engineer, Vulcan Materials Company, Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
- Precast Concrete Design Engineer, CoreSLAB (OK), Inc., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Graduate Research Assistant in high strength prestressed concrete, University of Oklahoma, Norman Oklahoma
- Steel Design Engineer, CANAM Steel Corporation, Washington, Missouri.
- Assistant State Inspector (summer-intern), Arkansas Highway Department, Yellville, Arkansas.
- Structural Engineering
- Numerical Analysis and Error Control
- Steel Design
- Prestressed Concrete
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Institute of Steel Construction
- American Society for Engineering Education
- American Concrete Institute