Mark Valenzeula, PhD, PE
Associate Professor of Civil Engineering
PhD, Cornell University, Civil Engineering
Koch Center Room 251
Dr. Valenzuela is an an associate professor of civil engineering at the University of Evansville and is a registered Professional Engineer in the State of Indiana. He is the faculty advisor for the ACES Concrete Canoe, Chi Epsilon, the National Civil Engineering Honor Society, and co-faculty advisor of the student chapter of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).
In addition to his teaching duties, Dr. Valenzuela is active in the university, serving as Ombudsman from 2005 to 2006 and again from 2009 to 2010, Grand Marshal from 2005 to present, and as a member of the Academic Assessment Committee, The Institutional Diversity Committee and the Honors Program Faculty Committee. In 2008 he was named a UE Global Scholar. He is also the Vice President of the Southwest Indiana Branch of ASCE.
- PhD in Structural Engineering, Cornell University.
- MS in Structural Engineering, Cornell University.
- BE in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Vanderbilt University.
- Visiting Instructor, School of Civil and Environmental, Cornell University.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Cornell University.
- Research Engineer, Cornell University.
- Structural Engineering
- Nondestructive Evaluation of Concrete
- Human-Computer Interaction
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Concrete Institute
- American Society for Engineering Education
- Tau Beta Pi
- Chi Epsilon