Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Now offered in an all online format!
What is UE’s flexible “Side by Side” RN to BSN Program?
The University of Evansville’s RN to BSN program is designed to offer the flexibility you need while positively impacting your career.
The program focuses on meeting the needs of the adult learner and working nurse. Graduates of the program demonstrate enhanced critical thinking skills, advanced knowledge of health care issues, research, quality improvement, and leadership.
The BSN degree provides the registered nurse with the knowledge and skills to open doors for challenging and rewarding career advancement opportunities.
The Side by Side program grants the students the advantages of furthering their education while being:
- Side by Side with their employer and work commitments.
- Side by Side with their families and associated responsibilities.
- Side by Side with UE student resources designed specifically to ensure academic success.
- Competitive reduced per credit hour tuition rate.
- Students may qualify for financial aid.
The UE Advantage
- First BSN accredited program in the State of Indiana.
- Continuous accreditation since 1960.
- Graduate employment rate or enrollment in graduate school is consistently 100 percent within six months of graduation.
- Long-term collaborative relationships with hospitals and community agencies in the Evansville area.
- #7 in the “Best Regional Universities: Midwest” category of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges rankings.
- Completion of diploma or associate degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program.
- Minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Unencumbered current United States registered nurse license.
- Complete transfer admission application indicating desire to study nursing.
- Provide an official transcript from each college attended.
Highlights of Program
- Flexible: Courses are offered online, in-seat, and in a hybrid format. Choose the one that fits your schedule.
- Completion time: Students who meet UE’s general education requirements can complete nursing courses in 12 months of full-time study or 18-24 months of part-time study.
- Your work experience matters! Qualified students may earn up to seven hours of nursing credit for nursing experience through portfolio or specialty certification.
- Graduates are well-prepared for continued education in graduate school.
- Recent graduates of the RN to BSN program have participated in study abroad opportunities.
Apply now to get started on your Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
"With UE’s RN to BSN program, I was still able to work full-time and continue my education. The instructors are flexible and willing to help at every turn. UE’s RN to BSN program gives the tools that RNs will need to be successful in their careers! So thankful I chose UE!" Brandi Neely, Evansville, Indiana