Master of Public Health and Master of Physician Assistant Dual Degree
The dual-degree in Master of Public Health in Health Policy and Master of Physician Assistant Science offered at UE is an excellent path for those interested in bringing aspects of population health into their clinical practice as a physician’s assistant.
The dual degree in MPH/PA is structured so that students can begin courses in the online MPH program a year before beginning the course work for the PA program. Total credit hours required for the online MPH in this dual degree program is 44 and divided into three categories:
- Public Health Core Courses
- Health Policy Core Courses
- Capstone Course and Internship
The specific objectives for this dual degree program is to provide those students interested in working in a clinical field as a physician’s assistant the basic foundational knowledge in public health and health policy that would benefit their practice and enlarge their perspective on preventative health. By learning about public health concepts, principles, and gaining scientific skills in health policy, students can utilize this knowledge in understanding data, research, and health management and how that applies to patient outcomes.
- The application deadline for Fall admission is May 15.
- The application deadline for Spring admission is October 15.
- Students must apply and be accepted to each program in order to pursue the dual degree.
- A UE Graduate Program application.
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Your Statement of Purpose should explain why your background has prepared you for graduate education in public health. It is intended to give you the opportunity to submit a tailored narrative which will describe your education, experience, and professional career objectives. Your Statement of Purpose should describe your: reasons for interest in public health, career goals, why you need a degree in the specific program, why you are pursuing this degree now, and why at University of Evansville.
- English Proficiency. All international applicants must submit scores from one of the tests listed below:
Year 1 – Spring
- PH 501: Epidemiology (3)
- PH 525: Biostatistics (3)
- PH 540: Strategic Management in Health Programs (3)
- PH 580: Programs, Problems, Policies in Public Health (3)
- Total Credit Hours: 15
Year 1 – Summer
- PH 542: Population-based Health
- Total Credit hours: 3
Year 1 – Fall
- PH 509: Environmental Health (3)
- PH 515: Health Behavior (3)
- PH 530: Health Economics (3)
- PH 525: Public Health Law & Ethics (3)
- PH 547: Survey Research Methods (3)
- PH 590: Integrative Experience (3)
- Total credit hours: 18
Begin PA Curriculum (Year 2)
- Crossover Credits Taken During PA Curriculum
- PH/PA 542: Health Systems & Policy (3)
- Total Credit hours: 6
- PH 598: Practicum (3) – Year 3 Summer OR Year 3 Spring
- Total Credit hours: 3