The Department of Theatre seeks students interested in studying acting, directing, scene design, costume design, lighting design, sound design, theatre technology, stage management, dramaturgy, playwriting, theatre management, theatre education, and general theatre studies. Auditions/interviews determine the student’s experience and potential for success in a theatre-related career. A student participating in a group audition does not need to schedule a private audition.
Auditions/interviews should include one or more of the following approaches:
- Audition: Actors should provide a headshot, and prepare a memorized 2–3 minute monologue from a contemporary play, 20–30 lines from a play by William Shakespeare, and one verse from a Broadway musical. The student must provide recorded musical accompaniment and bring their own playing device.
- Portfolio Review: Stage managers, designers, and technicians should provide a resume, as well as present examples of work in the form of photographs, prompt-scripts, slides, and/or drawings of productions on which the student has worked. Examples of related skills (sewing, woodworking, drawing, etc.) are also helpful. Students interested in theatre management should present a comprehensive resume, writing samples, and any photographs or examples of completed projects.
- Interview: All prospective students will interview with members of the faculty to assess skills and interests. Interviews allow students to talk with a faculty member in an informal manner and discover what the University of Evansville and the student have to offer each other.
The Audition/Interview Schedule lists dates and locations faculty members will be conducting auditions. Private auditions are held at all sites, unless noted. Private auditions/interview require a confirmed appointment at least one week in advance of the requested date.
- Sat, Oct 5, 2013 - Evansville - University of Evansville
- Sat, Oct 12, 2013 - Seattle - Washington Thespian Festival *
- Fri, Nov 1, 2013 - Louisville - Youth Performing Arts School *
- Sat, Nov 9, 2013 - Evansville - University of Evansville
- Thu, Nov 21, 2013 - Plano - North Texas Auditions *
- Fri, Nov 22, 2013 - Dallas - Texas Thespian Festival *
- Fri, Nov 22, 2013 - Plano - North Texas Auditions *
- Sat, Nov 23, 2013 - Dallas - Texas Thespian Festival *
- Sun, Nov 24, 2013 - Houston - Greater Houston Auditions *
- Mon, Nov 25, 2013 - San Antonio - Greater San Antonio Auditions *
- Fri, Dec 6, 2013 - Denver - Colorado Thespian Conference *
- Sat, Dec 7, 2013 - Denver
- Sat, Jan 18, 2014 - Evansville - University of Evansville
- Sun, Jan 26, 2014 - New York City
- Fri, Jan 31, 2014 - Dallas
- Sat, Feb 1, 2014 - Dallas - Texas Educational Theatre Association *
- Mon, Feb 3, 2014 - Chicago
- Tue, Feb 4, 2014 - Chicago
- Wed, Feb 5, 2014 - Chicago
- Thu, Feb 6, 2014 - Columbus - Georgia Thespian Festival *
- Thu, Feb 6, 2014 - Las Vegas (Call the theatre office for an appointment)
- Fri, Feb 7, 2014 - Columbus - Georgia Thespian Festival *
- Sat, Feb 8, 2014 - Columbus - Georgia Thespian Festival *
- Sun, Feb 9, 2014 - Los Angeles
- Sat, Feb 22, 2014 - Evansville - University of Evansville
* Private auditions will not be held at these sites
2013-2014 National Auditions Request Form