The Department of Theatre seeks students interested in studying acting, directing, scene design, costume design, lighting design, sound design, theatre technology, stage management, dramaturgy, playwriting, theatre management, theatre education, and general theatre studies. Auditions/interviews determine the student’s experience and potential for success in a theatre-related career. A student participating in a group audition does not need to schedule a private audition.
Auditions/interviews should include one or more of the following approaches:
- Audition: Actors should provide a headshot, and prepare a memorized 2–3 minute monologue from a contemporary play, 20–30 lines from a play by William Shakespeare, and one verse from a Broadway musical. The student must provide recorded musical accompaniment and bring their own playing device.
- Portfolio Review: Stage managers, designers, and technicians should provide a resume, as well as present examples of work in the form of photographs, prompt-scripts, slides, and/or drawings of productions on which the student has worked. Examples of related skills (sewing, woodworking, drawing, etc.) are also helpful. Students interested in theatre management should present a comprehensive resume, writing samples, and any photographs or examples of completed projects.
- Interview: All prospective students will interview with members of the faculty to assess skills and interests. Interviews allow students to talk with a faculty member in an informal manner and discover what the University of Evansville and the student have to offer each other.
The Audition/Interview Schedule lists dates and locations faculty members will be conducting auditions. Private auditions are held at all sites, unless noted. Private auditions/interviews require a $25 audition fee that must be paid when reserving a date and time slot.
- Sat, Oct 4, 2014 - Evansville - University of Evansville
- Sat, Oct 11, 2014 - Seattle - Washington Thespian Festival *
- Fri, Nov 7, 2014 - Louisville - Youth Performing Arts School *
- Sat, Nov 15, 2014 - Evansville - University of Evansville
- Thu, Nov 20, 2014 - Plano - North Texas Auditions *
- Fri, Nov 21, 2014 - Dallas - Texas Thespian Festival *
- Fri, Nov 21, 2014 - Plano - North Texas Auditions *
- Sat, Nov 22, 2014 - Dallas - Texas Thespian Festival *
- Sun, Nov 23, 2014 - Houston - Greater Houston Auditions *
- Mon, Nov 24, 2014 - San Antonio - Greater San Antonio Auditions *
- Fri, Dec 5, 2014 - Denver - Colorado Thespian Festival *
- Sat, Dec 6, 2014 - Denver - Colorado Thespian Festival
- Sat, Jan 17, 2015 - Evansville - University of Evansville
- Sun, Jan 25, 2015 - New York City - National Unified Auditions
- Fri, Jan 30, 2015 - Houston - Texas Educational Theatre Association *
- Sat, Jan 31, 2015 - Houston - Texas Educational Theatre Association
- Mon, Feb 2, 2015 - Chicago - National Unified Auditions
- Tue, Feb 3, 2015 - Chicago - National Unified Auditions
- Wed, Feb 4, 2015 - Chicago - National Unified Auditions
- Thu, Feb 5, 2015 - Columbus - Georgia Thespian Festival *
- Thu, Feb 5, 2015 - Las Vegas - National Unified Auditions *
- Fri, Feb 6, 2015 - Columbus - Georgia Thespian Festival *
- Sat, Feb 7, 2015 - Columbus - Georgia Thespian Festival *
- Sun, Feb 8, 2015 - Los Angeles - National Unified Auditions
- Sat, Feb 21, 2015 - Evansville
* No private auditions available
2014-2015 National Auditions Request Form
Call the theatre office at (812) 488.2744 to reserve a time.