Letter from Dean Clayton
Regarding Sexual Misconduct Education & Resources
The Policy Prohibiting Sexual Misconduct was developed in compliance with the Title IX guidelines issued by the federal government. The policy contains important information regarding:
- University’s Statement of Consent
- Definitions of sexual misconduct
- Resources in case of an assault
- Reporting options
- Confidentiality requests
- Disciplinary process, including the Preponderance Of Evidence Standard by which cases will be adjudicated
- Possible sanctions for those found in violation of the policy
- Appeal process
This policy can be accessed at the following webpage: http://www.evansville.edu/offices/deanstudents. All residential students will receive a copy of a Title IX/UE guidebook. This guidebook has important information relative to our Policy Prohibiting Sexual Misconduct and includes specific information about reporting incidents of misconduct. If you are not a residential student, you may pick up a copy of the guidebook from the Dean of Students office. I encourage you to familiarize yourself with this policy as it contains very important information.
Best wishes for a good year.
Dana Clayton, EdD
Vice President for Student Affairs/Dean of Students