Letter from Dean Clayton
Regarding Sexual Misconduct Education & Resources
The Policy Prohibiting Sexual Misconduct was developed in compliance with the Title IX guidelines issued by the federal government. The policy contains important information regarding:
- University’s Statement of Consent
- Definitions of sexual misconduct
- Resources in case of an assault
- Reporting options
- Confidentiality requests
- Disciplinary process, including the Preponderance Of Evidence Standard by which cases will be adjudicated
- Possible sanctions for those found in violation of the policy
- Appeal process
This policy can be accessed at the following webpage: https://www.evansville.edu/offices/deanstudents. I encourage you to familiarize yourself with this policy as it contains very important information.
Best wishes for a good year.
Dana Clayton, EdD
Vice President for Student Affairs/Dean of Students