Coordinator for Student Life Operations
The Coordinator of Student Life Operations oversees the logistical and support operations for the Office of Residence Life and Center for Student Engagement (CSE). This position is responsible for obtaining and communicating a sound working knowledge of all processes, programs, and operations within Residence Life and the Center for Student Engagement to the appropriate constituency. This position will oversee and manage key processes in conjunction with other university departments including student accounts, marketing, the office of technology services and other key offices. Proficiency in university computer programs including Colleague, WebAdvisor, UEngage, MyUE, Slate, and Informer, as well as Microsoft office (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.) and social media is key to the success of this position.
Position will manage multi-department processes, including but not limited to the following:
- Serve as the main point of contact for interfacing with other administrative departments and instituting the appropriate processes to support the Office of Residence Life and CSE (student accounts, marketing, physical plant, housekeeping, admissions, OTS, etc.)
- Manage the daily support functions including interoffice communication and electronic business functions. Develop data reports for both offices relative to budgets, participation numbers, programs, etc.
- Coordinate and manage student organization processes including membership registration, room reservations, and student group inquiries.
- Provide information about housing and dining amenities and services. Process lost key requests, room changes, housing cancellations, guest room reservations, etc.
- Coordinate billing and data entry for Residence Life and Greek Life. Work closely with Dining Services to process accurate billing and meal plan adjustments.
- Coordinate guest room program and serves as cashier for billing related services including summer conferences, guest rooms, and special events.
- Supervise operations of the Residence Life and Center for Student Engagement Desks, ensuring a positive image of these stations and good services and processes. Oversee selection, training, and supervision of student workers at these various stations.
- Supervise and coordinate mail processes for Residence Life including hiring, training, and placement of residence hall mail clerks, and oversight of mail forwarding processes for residential students.
- Maintain copy/supply room for Student Life offices.
- Provide direct administrative support to AVP/Director of Residence Life and Associate Dean.
This position requires the ability to function autonomously and demonstrate initiative for creating processes and interfaces with other administrative functions at the university. The coordinator must have strong supervisory and, organizational skills, as well as professional verbal and written communication skills. Applicants should be able to demonstrate proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), Doodle, and social media applications. Other demonstrated experience with data management programs is critical.
This position reports jointly to the Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs / Director of Residence Life and to the Associate Dean of Student Engagement and Innovation.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. This is a twelve month, hourly, full time appointment with full university benefits.
To apply, please attach your resume and cover letter to the UE online application located at: https://www.evansville.edu/offices/hr/employmentApp.cfm.
The University of Evansville operates under a nondiscriminatory policy with regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Minorities and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.